Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thoughts on a brand new snzg11k with 7s36 running at 1min.30 sec fast in first 24 hrs. time to worry?

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Before you worry too much, this watch needs to be worn non stop for 4 or 5 days. Then, take it off and let the movement run out of power. Then set the time and wear it again to see if it will settle down for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Yep, like #four said, give it a little break in and calm down time. I've had plenty of Seikos with the 7S26 (basically the same movement) that ran fast for the first week or so, then normalized.

Give it some time, and if it is not calmed down to around 30 sec/day or less then you can start worrying a little. Its accuracy is rated at about -20 to +40 seconds per day, so see how it turns out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kinda pissed at seiko, took the watch,snzg11, into a guy i've used for years and he had to remove some dust and 2 fibres from the watch dial on day 1. took it into him day 4 to regulate it because its 4 sec fast an hr, 24rs,1min35 fast and he tells me that the main spring is gummed up and places extra tension on it causing the watch to run fast. this is the second seiko in less than 2 months that i've had to deal with. my oo7 was sent back to seiko cause the crown had to be replaced and it was so out of alignment that it rubbed 1 side of the crown protector. both these watches were brand new and k models. whats with seiko's quality control these days?

·
Registered
99 Posts
very surprised.
i'm sure Seiko will sort it out.
If it's a warranty issue, perhaps don't tell them an un-authorised repair place has had the back off.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah. I've locked out with both mine. My snk805 is about 18sec a day. Still a little high for me, but I've never done the break in period. My SNXS75 (once I got it to back hack and set it dead on) is about exact over 2 days without the break in.

Did you get the Asian or American market watch?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Bros:
I have a "Baby" Monster with 7S36
+12 sec pd from getgo.
I just set it -12 secs and let nature
run its course. Like I gotta be on time
to command the space shuttle?

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
389 Posts
Lol. Yeah. I just like looking at my watches and seeing them all Tick at about the same time. Lol. My Invicta, timex, and both digitals run fast. Both citizens and my Freestyle are dead on. Lol. Most of my quartz watches are having a harder time than my autos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my SNZG17J1 with the same movement 5 days ago. In this time I have worn it 23 hours a day. It has gained a total of 1 second in five days which I am obviously very happy with.

Now my concern is (after reading the earlier posts) that it will "settle" after a couple of weeks and no longer be this accurate.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have a Seiko Baby Monster w 7s36. + 20 sec p d.
Sure it could be better, but what tha heck. If I was
an accuracy freek I woulda bought a watch with a
Valjoux 7750 or Selitta 500 engine.
Id rather have a movent thats + than - any day.
Lou Snutt

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Could be a quality control problem... I've only ever had and still have a Seiko 007 with the same movement and it's been spot on +- 6 sec/24 since day one... I don't wear it to often but I do give a shake at least once a week...:rolleyes:

Find a local watchmaker that will work with you... I've got one that will tweak a watch for $20...

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Don't most watch companies like Orient, Seiko Miyoya regulate their autos to run
in the 6 to 8 secs + range? That what I've heard.
Regardless of producers, I've found that if I leave my autos lying dial down on a
hanky or other material (to avoid scratching), they compensate for the time gain.
OR: place them on their case side to compensate.Never could figger that out!
Back n tha day when I was a RR Engr, watchmakers used Timegraphers to regulate
RR grade watches in 6 positions. My local watch guy still uses the same Timegrapher
his dad used.
It's a dice game, getting autos to run consistently. Wikipedia says only 3% of Swiss
watches meet COSC standards. 97% do not? What's that all about?

Lou Snutt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts