Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Sturhling Original Louie - White dial / Blue hands - Master calendar

let me know what you guys think -too clssic or sporty enough -my wife says i would never wear it cause its too fancy for me

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

George - That is obviously a very nice and "pretty" watch.

But from getting to know you and seeing some of your watches you currently own or have looked at, it is definitely not the style I have associated with you up to this point. So it begs the question of - would you ever wear it or would it sit in your watch box and gather dust. Now I am not saying there is ANYTHING wrong with just buying a watch to be part of your collection, but personally I only buy watches that have a chance of being actually worn. That is me.

I do like the dial design with the inner side by side placement of the additional feature dials. It is similar to the layout the S1Rally watches had, but MUCH cooler with the middle circle large IMO.

The colors are also nice. Question - do you wear anything (clothing, watches, etc) with shade of blue color?

Overall a nice looking watch, but I do understand (and agree to be honest) with your wife's initial thinking.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes - i give my wife props for knowing my style

keep in mind -this is an automatic movement

i could wear this to work as it is much slimmer than most of my collection and would fit underneath a collared shirt

but i get your point and my wife's- it is a valid concern

something you may NOT know about me - i have always wanted a Master calendar or Grand calendar watch

Master -is DAY/DATE/MONTH
Grand- DAY/DATE/MONTH/YEAR

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

personally i do not like the watch you posted. seems a little "girly" to me. just my opinion

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

i dont think the watch looks "girly".........not everything has to be a 1 pound watch on the wrist and with all black and orange, and yellow colors and such.....

i think its a nice round case, i like the blued hands and markers and think it could be used as office or dress wear....

its not my personal style, but its still a nice watch.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Tattoo - its not exactly my style either -thus my wifes objections.

But i have a habit of likng classic designs and not wearing
them -and i've always loved blued hands and markers

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

george....i guess it comes down to if you will really wear it....i really never like to buy a watch because i like it, but i know i wont really wear it.

its up to you brother, will you actually wear it, or will it be a watch box queen..........

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I guess thats why i havent picked it up yet- cause i know i probably wont wear it

although i can see wearing it to work - i cant see it in my rotation RIGHT NOW

my collection is way too big for me -30 and i need to scale it down - so i will hold off on it as i really dont like or want to have any box queens - i prefer to wear my stuff
otherwise whats the point

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
imported post

Its like they say if it sings to you then it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks about it.As long as you enjoy it thats all that matters.
ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts