Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey guys. Yesterday a package (box) was delivered via UPS to our home here in NC. We arleady knew what was in it because we had been given a "heads up" by RipitRon who was the sender. Let me give you a short background before I share this gift with you. Ron & I got to know each other when he was still a member of WatchGeeks. He pm'd me to inquire as to what type of "Mastiff" was in my avatar. I informed him that it was an English Mastiff and proceeded to tell him about Bobo who had passed away a short while before his inquiry. He then told me about Zeus, his Argentinian Rotweiller who had also passed away. They both had to be euthanized as a result of bone cancer. For Ron, for myself and our wives the pain was devastating. But what did evolve from his inquiry was a very strong bond and friendship that has continued to evolve up to this point. Ron has since gotten a beautiful baby "Bull Mastiff". His name is Kahn and he is awesome! We have not proceeded in that direction as of yet, but Ron and Gina wanted to do something for us/Bobo to recognize the love that we felt for him and to honor his memory. That my friends is a "short" capsulization of what has transpired to lead up to this................................... The package/box that was delivered ..............

And here is what was inside.............................

Linda & I had sent some toys to Kahn and some small tokens of friendship to celebrate his coming into Ron and Gina's lives. They felt compelled to do something for Bobo as well so they had this paintng done of him without our knowledge just based on the pictures that I had sent to them of Bobo. The likeness is unbelievable. Once I unwrapped the painting we just sat on the couch and stared at it "up close & personal" for a solid half hour before moving, pointing out all of the intricate details that the artist had captured and that we know so well. We have as you can see set it up on an easel for now, but it looks so good there, I think that it will stay.
Ron & Gina! You are two of the most wonderful people that we know. I have already expressed this to you, but I will tell our friends here on WatchFreeks that nobody has ever done anything like this for us! Not even "US"!! LOL! Thank you once again from the bottom of our hearts and as I've said about other gifts. It's not just the gift, it's the gesture. This gesture, this act of kindness, respect and love was one that we will never, ever forget (tears coming down now.... sorry). You guys know and understand how much we love Bobo and what he meant/means to us. You have honored his memory in such a way that words cannot express. You guys are .......... "The Best Of The Best"!!!

My man!!! RipitRon!!! The skin of a rhinocerous, the courage of a lion and .......... just like ourbeloved Bobo, the heart of a "Gentle Giant".

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Amazing story, pictures, and gift. I have run forums for over a decade and the generosity and just overall good feelings on this forum and community never ceases to amaze me.

Great story Arnie. I am sure you will cherish that painting for many many years to come.

Great thing to do Ron.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I normally don't post in these personal threads because I believe they belong to the owners. However, I am moved to post here today. I don't really know any of you, but I am proud and honored to be part of a group that can come together, bound by their mutual interest in watches, and show the love, respect and compassion that I have seen displayed in the short time that I have been part of this community. Arnie, I have read several amazing things about you and your generosity and this is an example of it coming back around to you. And RipitRon, this is just an awesome thing to do, awesome, awesome, awesome. I salute you for your kindness and generosity. Strangers that have become brothers. I only wish we could bottle this and send it out this holiday season. It would be a gift to the world.

OK, enough of this from me.......

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

What a great gift Arnie and the likeness is incredible and as for Ron, if more men in this country were like him, it would be in a Hell of a lot better shape than it is right now. Congrats to both of you.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
What a great gift Arnie and the likeness is incredible and as for Ron, if more men in this country were like him, it would be in a Hell of a lot better shape than it is right now. Congrats to both of you.
Amen to that Steve!!!.................. again!!!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

You guys are awesome. These kinds of stories are so nice to hear in such chaotic times. I have heard nothing but positive things about the two of you. My experiences with you both on this forum has been nothing but good. It's so good to see WF's taking care of other WF's. You both should be commended for the outstanding character attributes you posses. Thanks for sharing this story with all of us Arnie and Ron thanks for making this story come to life.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

That is AWESOME! Again, this doesn't surprise me coming from Rip! Dude is very thoughtful and the gesture couldn't have been directed toward a better man! Arnie, you already know the level of respect that I have for you and to Rip as well. We've shared a bunch of PM's stating as much. Congrats to you Arnie for getting this awesome gift and props to you Rip for doing what you do!

·
Registered
29 Posts
imported post

I came home from a bad day at work, in a bad frame of mind. I read this story and it touched my heart. I'm glad that I read it before my wife got home, her night will be better because I'm better thanks to your wonderful story.

You guys could have kept it private. Thank you for sharing and making my day. What an act of love, such class.

Mike.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Well, I hate to say it Rip.....your secrets out. Your a very good guy and in spite of the "rough exterior" you've grown on all of us........like a rash:%:%:%. You know I'm kidding, I too have been on the receiving end of this generous man. Arnie, ya got a good friend there.

CJ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.