Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, wanted to post about this new arrival I received just the other day, and an example of the terrific people within our hobby, and on these forums. :smile-thumb:

Recently got a PM from Carlo saying that he had a watch that he had received as a gift, and that it was really nice, but that he didn't think he would wear it. So instead of selling it he wanted to know if he could send it my way. I asked him if there was anyone he knew he could maybe give it to, but he said he already gives things to people, and would prefer to gift me the watch. He said he honestly enjoys giving, rather than receiving.

Amazing right?

As usual, I was blown away by the kindness of a forum member. Not surprised though. We have all seen the many incredibly nice gestures over the years, from so many different members and I'm sure many of the many forums you guys are part of.. ..Carlo embodies the spirit of DWC, WF, and the watch forum world in general to tell the truth. A spirit of exceptional character, kindness, and definitely coolness ! :cool:

Carlo, thank YOU once again !!! You are just THE best ! This watch is just beyond cool !! Much like yourself, and watch forum members all around. :thumb:

Have a few pictures of Carlo's super sleek Seiko. You wouldn't believe how the sunray brown dial transforms, and changes with the light. There's amber, and even orange that comes out of this beauty. The sharp, streamlined markers, and hands are terrific also. Even the bracelet is fantastic !

The dial outside is stunning...

Inside it's pretty phenomenal too...:)

Super comfortable bracelet...

Nice solid case back...

Thanks for looking everyone, and thanks again to you Carlo !!!

·
8,164 Posts
That's an incredible gesture and a very nice watch! And it restored my faith in humanity. WF is indeed a great place to hang out and meet kindred spirits. I like it here very much.

P.S. All I got was a lousy T-Shirt :D

Reactions: Roarry

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
That's fantastic! Well done, Carlo!!

BTW - Tom is THE nicest guy on these watch forums and he 100% deserves this fantastic gift!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
732 Posts
I would just like to say that I am ready and willing to accept free watches and invite any and all watch givers to contact me at anytime for my shipping info.

·
Super Moderator
20,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:smile::thumb::thumb: Thanks a lot everybody ! Really appreciate it ! ..Tried
to capture the feel of the watch as much as possible. Especially the
dial, but it's still hard trying to convey through the pictures how neat
it really is. :eek:

Want to once again thank Carlo for his unbelievable kindness with all
of this. Can't actually say in words how appreciative, and humbled I
am. You are THE best Carlo !

Thanks once again !!!

·
1,394 Posts
Tom, you are very welcome and I am glad to have had the chance to do this. :) You are a really cool WIS and I hope you keep your positive view of things forever! :smile-thumb:

Your posts always bring a breath of fresh air in the forum and I thank YOU for that! :clapping-hands-abov

·
Banned
1,360 Posts
Wow that's beautiful and great story.

Tom, you're the nicest forum guy ever. If anyone deserves a great watch as gift, is you. The watch addict community is a little better because you exist. Very happy for you !

Great job, Carlo!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nice looking watch. Great gift from a great guy. Way to go Carlo!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.