Watch Freeks banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this tip for a recharging for kinetics on WUS, I went out and purchased one to try it out since I now have two kinetics.

Paid a little over $50, which is about a $100 to $200 less then what the Seiko recharger costs.

All you have to do is stick your watch, 12 O’clock up as shown in the below photo, and 10 to 20 hours later it is fully charged., My new Kinetic SUN019 was registering only a 5 second mark read out when you push the power indicator button (Indicates a couple of days of charge), After 10 hours on this charger, it now reads 20 seconds which is a month’s worth. My other Kinetic is now completely fully charged after only one ten hour session.

The added bonus is you get three rechargeable candles that last 20 hours on a charge, they look great also!

Philips 818655 Imageo CandleLight

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-81865...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

·
Watch Freek
80 Posts
Some cellphones and tablets have had Qi (I think it is pronounced "key" or "wee") wireless chargers for quite some time now. Ultra simplified, there is a wire coil in the charger, and another in the appliance, and bringing them closely together allows current transfer from the charger to the appliance. Basically a low voltage, low current air core transformer.

So, while unusual, it is not terribly new.

This seems to be a great way around Seiko's expensive charger.

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
That's pretty great. I had been looking into chargers for kinetics since if you are not wearing them for a few days straight you usually can't charge them up enough. This might be the cheapest solution Ive seen. Too bad I don't own any kinetics at the moment :)

Thanks for sharing.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this thing for real?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Its for real, and it really works, my Seiko Sun025 could never get fully charge no matter how much I wore it, or shook it. 10 hours in this thing and it has been fully charged and is still regeristing that way for three days of not wearing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.