Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

At the PA GGT Larry from Sturhling was giving out the 2009 Watches International book. I have to say that this is the most incredible oversized watch book I have ever had. Almost 500 full color oversized pages showing the finest watches on the planet with reviews, incredible photos, etc.

On the back it says that it costs $25 and is worth way way more then that. This will be reading for me FOR MONTHS, if not longer. I will be posting here about MANY watches from the book.

I would suggest you RUN out to your local Barnes and Noble or Borders and buy this publication.

I also believe you can buy it here for $20 - http://media.modernluxury.com/watches

It is TOTALLY worth it.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi James, I usually find that book at Boarders. I joined Boarders reward and wait for a coupon, thanI buy it. It is full of eye candy and information about the watches in the book. A very enjoyable book. Mr Megan must be a nice fellow to pass that book out. Thanks James for letting me know that issue is out. Now I need a coupon. ;)! LOL. Also, thanks for the link.....Bob

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

James that book is awesome...I love it...My boy and I were looking at it this morning...He is starting young...lol...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I am literally reading it right now. Can't stop. I might be up all night looking at the watches on each page and then finding them online. Fantastic.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Invicta is actually in the book. I am surprised. 3 pages worth. Pretty nice spread starting on page 294.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I am literally reading it right now. Can't stop. I might be up all night looking at the watches on each page and then finding them online. Fantastic.
James did you check out the 2008? Was there any difference?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I only have 2007 and now 2009, lol

the 2007 book is totally different then the 2009. Just a lot of different models, etc.

almost all way way out of my price range, lol

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Been looking through my copy today. Pretty great info. Invicta and Stuhrling in the book. I like the looks of a couple of the new Stuhrlings.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That's funny Bob, as I have gone to Barnes and Nobel (in the past) to pick this up the "WI" book.

Time to go get one. :)

Bob wrote:
Hi James, I usually find that book at Boarders. I joined Boarders reward and wait for a coupon, thanI buy it. It is full of eye candy and information about the watches in the book. A very enjoyable book. Mr Megan must be a nice fellow to pass that book out. Thanks James for letting me know that issue is out. Now I need a coupon. ;)! LOL. Also, thanks for the link.....Bob

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

You can view the book online also....pretty cool...Gonna have to go to Barnes and Nobel today and get a copy to read.

Edit....Oh what the heck...I ordered the Grand Complications book from them for $20. Used the link TV Dinner posted and got it ordered.

LOL...I went back and ordered the 2009 Watch book also...couldn't resist ordering it too!!! I even went as far as saving the link in my favorites. I am looking through a copy of the Houston Tx magazine for men. Lots of cool watches in it also!!!! And by the way...I envy those of you who got to go to the PA GGT...I would have loved to meet Larry M. I have PM'ed him several times...and he always replies..really a nice guy!!! Plus...I love his watches...can't wait till he is on Shopnbc again!!! I am so wanting to get an Apacolypse XT....way cool watch!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

They were giving them out in the beginning I think. I don't know, someone just handed me one and I said thanks! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts