Watch Freeks banner

A microbrand at a thousand bucks, you must be kidding?

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  sanetak122 
#1 ·
Let me introduce to you the Pitzmann II a micro brand from Korea, the price is more than you would expect from a microbrand at around a thousand bucks but you are getting a product with quality finishing from what you would expect from brands like Longines, Tag Huer, and even Omega. This watch was not thrown together without any thought put into it the case was thoughtfully designed and inspired by GIWA's traditional Korean roof tile architecture. The hands and indices while not rhodium plated look as if they are where the light reflects off the indices and hands brilliantly. The movement is a top-notch Selitta SW 300-1 movement, with no date and no ghost date setting on the crown. The watch has a 15-bar water resistance so it is very versatile.
The question is would you pay a thousand bucks for a microbrand from Korea? This watch brings to the table the same quality and attributes that you would expect from brands two, three to five times its price such as Oris, Tag Huer, and Omega. If I didn't already have a couple of similarly styled watches I would definitely consider purchasing this watch for my collection, The watch resembles a Seiko Sarb033 but if you look under a Lupe you will find that it has nicer finishing, better-regulated movement, and a far better bracelet, and clasp. I also find that this watch could be for a person that just wants a one-watch collection because of its versatility.

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Font

Watch Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Clock

Watch Arm Analog watch Gesture Clock

See less See more
#2 ·
First off, thanks so very very much for the news about this one Bob !!! 😀(y)
Secondly it really is very easy to see that Pitzmann goes all out with their
watches. 😉You can see it in those detailed up close pictures really well.
Where the steel almost looks like liquid metal, or as if it's even white gold
or something, wow ! And the case, as well as dial really does look as if they
could have been made by one of the bigger brands too, no doubt.

Add in the supercharged movement, plus beautiful bracelet, and it DOES
hit on all the exceptional cylinders one would expect a high end watch to
hit on. 😎And although I may not be picking one up it's is still a real joy to
find out about. So thank you once again !

#4 ·
I am not sure what Seikos you have in your collection but in my opinion, this has far better finishing, and mechanics than the Sarbs that came out about 5 ore more years ago which have a close resemblance, I actually like this more than my Seiko Sarb017, this watch is definitely more refined.

#5 · (Edited)
I'm just looking at the picture, not fondling it.

The Seiko (SARX055) I speak of simply bedazzles me (it sparkles in the mirror). In fairness I do treat it tenderly - I don't think its robust enough for my typical daily activities.

Stolen pic (my pics are never any good), once again on leather.
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

#6 ·
That certainly
I'm just looking at the picture, not fondling it.

The Seiko (SARX055) I speak of simply bedazzles me (it sparkles in the mirror). In fairness I do treat it tenderly - for my daily activities I don't think its robust enough.

Stolen pic (my pics are never any good), once again on leather.
View attachment 146194
That is a real beauty.

#8 ·
That bracelet's sharp. It is very nice looking and versatile, but dressy. I like the lugs a lot. The bracelet looks spot on, and the clasp appears very well fit and solid. It's not as dressy as the Seiko and the thicker eliments and profile are much more appealing to me...for versitilility. I'd lean into the Presage if I wanted a dressy look though. It appears to be spec'd up to a grand, but I'd have a hard time spending that on a new company.

#9 ·
I would & have spent >$1000 on a micro brand. It all comes down to the watch.
Have a look at the Bohen Mille - Mer.

#12 ·
Thats one good looking watch! and that bracelet is really cool! I have a $1,000 Micro (Canopy), and while I can agree with the price/quality, I feel that Micro's after a certain price point are a hard sell for the mainstream casual watch shopper. Of course us nerds know the specs, and we can tout the virtues of the price/performance ratio, so we dont care much, but Johnny Mainstrean is going to look for names he knows at the mall... Tag, Movado, Breitling, etc.. not some obscure micro.
I have no idea where i was going with that, lol, but after typing, I didnt want to delete it.
Anyway, its a really cool watch! thanks for sharing

#13 ·
Thats one good looking watch! and that bracelet is really cool! I have a $1,000 Micro (Canopy), and while I can agree with the price/quality, I feel that Micro's after a certain price point are a hard sell for the mainstream casual watch shopper. Of course us nerds know the specs, and we can tout the virtues of the price/performance ratio, so we dont care much, but Johnny Mainstrean is going to look for names he knows at the mall... Tag, Movado, Breitling, etc.. not some obscure micro.
I have no idea where i was going with that, lol, but after typing, I didnt want to delete it.
Anyway, its a really cool watch! thanks for sharing
There are only a couple of micro brands out there that can justify the price tag Monta watches for one but you are correct. it is a hard sell for a micro brand to be asking for a thousand or more. If they ask a thousand or more they have to justify that high price tag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.