Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

For those of you that know me, you KNOW I LOVE Maurice Lacroix watches. When this one popped up in the For Sale section at WatchGeeks and I saw it was Pete (Cannon) selling it, I KNEW I would have to figure out some way to get it.

I have been selling some of my pieces to fund either a Hamilton Below Zero or a Frederique Constant Index Automatic. Well, based on this deal, I was able to get the Android Black Widow, the Stuhrling Falcon AND this Maurice Lacroix. This baby measures 40MM, but looks slightly bigger because of the dial opening. (It can't always be about BIG) The bracelet is SUPER comfortable and constructed so solidly, you don't know you are even wearing it. I am glad to have another M/L in the collection!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

real nice and very classy.
what movement is in those watches?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
real nice and very classy.
what movement is in those watches?
That would be the ETA 2834, modified and adjusted by Maurice Lacroix and given their own caliber number. Currently they only make one movement in house (the one in their Pontos Decentrique GMT Limited Edition). Typically they source all their movements from ETA and then modify them. The Mechanical I have is a Unitas 6498 modified.

They have a killer 47MM chronograph using the Valgranges chrono.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

srebo70 wrote:
Really - what model? Do you have a picture?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That's a beautiful watch, Scott!

Congrats on getting a timepiece that you've wanted!

Your pics are great and thanks for sharing them!

ENJOY all the new watches you got! Any pics of the Android or the Stuhrling?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Big Congrats Scott on your Maurice Lacroix purchase from Pete. I know you are a big fan of Maurice Lacroix. Enjoy it my friend. Wear it in good health. ....Bob

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
srebo70 wrote:
Really - what model? Do you have a picture?
It is the Pontos Chronograph Valgranges

And why, YES I DO! :b

47MM SST Case - Alligator strap with deployant clasp.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

That is REALLY nice. Do you own that one already?

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Nice, classy piece, Scott- that beauty wouldn't be out of place with a tux. I really like the raised Roman numerals, and the texture on the outer dial. I fell in love w/ the Pontos that Jim showed last night, too. Nice trade- I've always liked the Falcon and the Black Widow is just awesome. Wear them in good health!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.