Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope it's your best Christmas ever as it is for me. It's my happiest one and most blessed but it has nothing to do with watches.

I have the most amazing woman I ever met as my wife and the most adorable 16 month old baby sleeping right next to me as I type this. That little 2.5 feet girl absolutely owns me, I'm glad she can't ask for much yet or It'd be very hard to say no.

Also been blessed with 5 promotions, at my first union job, in less than 2 years. I have the exact hours and schedule I requested to be home with baby all day long and with wife on her days off, so life is good.

I hope your 2016 is the best one ever !

Back to watches:

Always wanted one and I knew I'd like this Shark 42 but not this much. Came in two days ago and it feels really special on the wrist. I knew the 45mm version wouldn't be for me cus the Zenton M45 was too big for me, they should make some M42's.

I might like that one more than my Raven DT, might. I also love that they're both a different shade of blue and have different color hour and bezel lume.

Then, I rarely buy brand new but I couldn't pass up on a new piece at preowned price. I finally get to own an Ancon Grand Prix. It's not in the usual diver fever category I've been on for last couple years but it has been calling my name for long time. I just didn't wanna pay the crazy prices they go for.

It's the closest I'll ever come to buying a Linde Wenderline. Don't know if it's a keeper yet.

Then, I've really been enjoying my first watch with Tritium tubes in every minute marker. Always wanted a Recon and this silverish dial is mesmerizing. Pics never do it justice.

I don't have the camera to get a great shot of the Tritium and superluminova ceramic bezel lume shot.

Love it on blue Obris Morgan straps but not as much as on the chunky bracelet.

Then my 2nd best deal of 2015. Someone on Facebook had a huge group picture of a bunch of watches for sale without price. I PMed about price and I couldn't pay faster after he let me know. Didn't even ask for pics and didn't care.
I thought it would be a great opportunity to sample the Shumate and sell it to then get a different color cus I usually hate high polish but I fell in love with it on straps. I might brush out the finish on bracelet.

The last thing I wanted was another white dial, that's why I'm surprised of how much I love it. The light blue second hand is such a nice touch. Spent all night last night, after wife and baby passed out, looking for a matching blue 24mm NATO with no success.

I haven't worn it on the H-Link bracelet yet cus I love it on chunky Armida bracelet.

If you see one of these Armida bracelets FS at decent price, get it. Ratchet clasp is a great cherry on top. It makes every watch sit perfectly centered on wrist because it's so heavy and easy adjustments with the clasp. I have two of the 22mm versions and a 24mm.

I can't recommend these awesome bracelets enough.

And last but not least, finally got a Nevon with the bezel I wanted and grey dial color I preferred. Would've been happy pulling trigger on any dial wiry this sweet blasted bezel.

I wanna try this one on mesh soon.

It's been a great 2015 enjoying all your posts here on Watchfreeks and sharing some of my love for watches.

2016 should be really interesting with the 42mm Vikings project coming to Kickstarter and the 45mm Megalodons that may wear big but will be very hard to pass on. Plus Clemens keeps making it hard to say no to his masterpieces. Zelos is another brand I'm watching coming out with some amazing pieces, like the Abyss, Helmsman and soon with the Eagle.

Enjoy the beautiful holidays !

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I like a lot of things about you, Luis, but most of all is that you have your priorities in order with your wife and that 2.5 footer at the very top.

me: knock knock
you: who's there?
me: Mary and Abby
you: Mary and Abby who?
me: Mary Christmas and Abby New Year. :)

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like a lot of things about you, Luis, but most of all is that you have your priorities in order with your wife and that 2.5 footer at the very top.

me: knock knock
you: who's there?
me: Mary and Abby
you: Mary and Abby who?
me: Mary Christmas and Abby New Year. :)

Thanks a lot, brother Nate! Much appreciated words.

Heading out to see in-laws now.

Staring at daddy while mommy takes pics :)

Merry Christmas y'all!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I hear you. I'm in the early stages of a nasty separation / divorce. My wife has made accessing my baby son extremely difficult. It was touch and go, right up until Christmas Eve, but she finally relented and I spent yesterday morning with him.

FIRST CHRISTMAS AS A DAD, BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER, AND BEST CHRISTMAS EVER.

I'm one very happy man right now!

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear you. I'm in the early stages of a nasty separation / divorce. My wife has made accessing my baby son extremely difficult. It was touch and go, right up until Christmas Eve, but she finally relented and I spent yesterday morning with him.

FIRST CHRISTMAS AS A DAD, BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER, AND BEST CHRISTMAS EVER.

I'm one very happy man right now!

I'm very happy for you ! What a relief it must feel.
I had a bad break up with a lady I helped raised her daughter for 3 years. It was so tough letting go cus she wasn't my blood and cus she kept using her as bait to hurt my feelings.

So glad you got to spend good quality time with your son.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Yep Family first...always.

Just as you are lucky to have them in your life they are very fortunate to have you Luis.

All the best to you and your family in 2016.

Your collection is awesome by the way.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep Family first...always.

Just as you are lucky to have them in your life they are very fortunate to have you Luis.

All the best to you and your family in 2016.

Your collection is awesome by the way.

Thanks a lot ! I wish you a wonderful 2016 as well :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts