Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lord help me....I preordered a watch...
ive always been a much bigger fan of waiting until a watch is actual available before spending money on it. plus, ive never liked the wait.

buuuuuut....something i have discovered recently is that if you really like a watch, but dont snag it on the preorder, you risk either not being able to get it at all, OR, paying way over retail later on ebay.

so...I just watched a new watch review (just one more watch, on youtube)
on a new Prometheus (i guess the same people own Borealis) Diver.

https://www.prometheuswatch.com/store/Prometheus-Zenobia-for-Divers-Watches-Facebook-Group-c33915012

most of the options were already sold out, so I opted for a green dial/black bezel.

the specs look great. the total price will be $550 with delivery estimated mid august this year. (so not too long now)

ETA 2824 movement, 500m WR, looks like an engineer bracelet and the clasp has a ratcheting extension, lumed ceramic bezel, anti-magnetic to 48,000 A/m. you can all the details in the link above.

it seemed like a lot of watch for $550 so i jumped on this one on preorder.

I missed getting a Zelos last time as they sold out very quickly so i didnt want to miss this one.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,327 Posts
Ooh nice, and now you can just sit back, and relax, and have no worries. :thumb:
Really does seem like a lot of watch for the price like you said ! :jaw: Just the
ceramic bezel is off the charts nice, and then how about the movement? The
impressive water resistance?! Or classic meets cutting edge design?!! :cool:

Was a great move WatchMedic ! ..Big congrats ahead of time here !!!

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Prometheus are an established company by now and barring sudden bankruptcy or a catastrophe you will get your watch. I've participated in many 'pre-orders' and never was disappointed. Their first watch I believe was the Manta Ray, a well constructed and interesting dive watch with a 1,001 meter WR. I've visited the web page for that numerous times but never pulled the trigger. All of their offerings are sold out every time, like now with the Eagle Ray. Congrats and pictures please as soon as it has landed :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Those look really nice!

For me, my Steinhart OVR is serving my indestructible / beater watch slot very well. Not that I ever intend on diving down to 200m anyway....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts