Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently, in the past few weeks, completed a few projects and I wanted to share some pics. They are probably low tech for some or uninterestingly affordable but I hope that some will enjoy seeing some Seiko watches... :grin:

Please excuse any lint or dust on my poor pictures.

The first one is a Seiko SRP777 which has the dial and hands from the Seiko Sumo Anniversary edition SBDC027. I found the dial many months ago but I recently was able to aquire the hands and a case with sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel. Put it all together and here it is. :thumbsup:

The next one is also an SRP777 to which I installed a Yellow Seiko SKXA035 dial and some Seiko Sea Urchin hands, a bracelet and now I have a finaly Bumblebee project. ;)

This one is a SKX diver with a MKII dial and straight hands. The bezel is smooth, it has a domed sapphire and drilled through lug holes. Not sure about the final outcome and I might change it again. But for the moment I am wearing it... :grin:

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Carlo, it's a real joy to see a few of your projects ! :smile-thumb2: Honestly,
has been a while since we saw one of your creations. Oh, and these don't look
uninteresting, or ordinary at all, but rather extraordinary !!! :clap2:

The SRP777s rock because of just the design, and way the same watch can
look so sleek, and elegant one second, and then show you a real wild side in
Bumblebee mode ! :coo2l: Wow, and the SKX diver with a MKII dial is just incredible
all the way around. :eek: The design looks like it could be classic, or some cool
futuristic prototype. Even the crystal makes it look like there is this floating
stainless bezel out over the dial. It looks like a million $ !

Thanks a ton for sharing these with us sir !!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Tom. I like working with Seiko watches, they give so many options and make thing more fun. :smile-thumb2:

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Thank you Tom. I like working with Seiko watches, they give so many options and make thing more fun. :smile-thumb2:

Don't mention it Carlo. :smile1: Can see why it is so much fun !

You know, we see all these special editions, and re-releases of
classics, but these look just as, and even more dynamic to be
totally honest with you. ..Just love how you come up with the
ideas, and combinations, and actually make basically ultra
limited editions like this sir !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts