Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently, in the past few weeks, completed a few projects and I wanted to share some pics. They are probably low tech for some or uninterestingly affordable but I hope that some will enjoy seeing some Seiko watches... :grin:

Please excuse any lint or dust on my poor pictures.

The first one is a Seiko SRP777 which has the dial and hands from the Seiko Sumo Anniversary edition SBDC027. I found the dial many months ago but I recently was able to aquire the hands and a case with sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel. Put it all together and here it is. :thumbsup:

The next one is also an SRP777 to which I installed a Yellow Seiko SKXA035 dial and some Seiko Sea Urchin hands, a bracelet and now I have a finaly Bumblebee project. ;)

This one is a SKX diver with a MKII dial and straight hands. The bezel is smooth, it has a domed sapphire and drilled through lug holes. Not sure about the final outcome and I might change it again. But for the moment I am wearing it... :grin:

·
Super Moderator
9,622 Posts
Carlo, it's a real joy to see a few of your projects ! :smile-thumb2: Honestly,
has been a while since we saw one of your creations. Oh, and these don't look
uninteresting, or ordinary at all, but rather extraordinary !!! :clap2:

The SRP777s rock because of just the design, and way the same watch can
look so sleek, and elegant one second, and then show you a real wild side in
Bumblebee mode ! :coo2l: Wow, and the SKX diver with a MKII dial is just incredible
all the way around. :eek: The design looks like it could be classic, or some cool
futuristic prototype. Even the crystal makes it look like there is this floating
stainless bezel out over the dial. It looks like a million $ !

Thanks a ton for sharing these with us sir !!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Tom. I like working with Seiko watches, they give so many options and make thing more fun. :smile-thumb2:

·
Super Moderator
9,622 Posts
Thank you Tom. I like working with Seiko watches, they give so many options and make thing more fun. :smile-thumb2:

Don't mention it Carlo. :smile1: Can see why it is so much fun !

You know, we see all these special editions, and re-releases of
classics, but these look just as, and even more dynamic to be
totally honest with you. ..Just love how you come up with the
ideas, and combinations, and actually make basically ultra
limited editions like this sir !

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
These look great Carlo. Enjoy seeing some Seiko watches... 😁- ✓
Have you ever replaced or installed an internal bezel?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi and thank you. I assume you mean the minute ring or the chapter ring as some call it, the one with the minute markers under the crystal. If that's the one, no I never did. I only do dial and hands, I did a few other things like movement swaps and bezels but in order to replace that ring you need to remove the crystal and I never had a chance to do that.

It is not too difficult but it does require knowing how to do it and some practice as well as some specific tools.

These look great Carlo. Enjoy seeing some Seiko watches... 😁- ✓
Have you ever replaced or installed an internal bezel?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I assume you mean the minute ring or the chapter ring as some call it, the one with the minute markers under the crystal.
Yes, the ring, that's functional. Men's Journal (not Watch Journal) did a piece "Pretty on the Inside: 10 Great-Looking Watches With Internal Bezels", but the flange or ring. I'd like to work up one similar to the Halios Laguna, subtle, practical, yet distinctive.
That's 1 of 5 I hope and intend to figure out.
Thank You for Your input.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the ring, that's functional. Men's Journal (not Watch Journal) did a piece "Pretty on the Inside: 10 Great-Looking Watches With Internal Bezels", but the flange or ring. I'd like to work up one similar to the Halios Laguna, subtle, practical, yet distinctive.
That's 1 of 5 I hope and intend to figure out.
Thank You for Your input.
I understand now, that's really not an easy task since you would need another crown and mechanism to rotate the ring. Best is to get some watch which has that already, there are quite a few around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts