Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Ironcross wrote:
Can't wait to wear mine soon.

It looks great.
what are you wearing today? which other watch?
Well, don't laugh but its a Casio G-Shock. My last one I had lived a hard 10 year life at work, but finally died last week when I took it swimming and it leaked pretty bad.

So I just bought a new one today to replace it.

I'm just starting out with my new hobby, so not much going on yet. Until, of course I continue with the next couple of Invictas I have in mind...

·
Administrator
1,227 Posts
imported post

I have a Casio G-shock also so I would never laugh. For a while it was my every day work watch. Was black big and cool.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Ok, I don't feel so bad now.

For $60 the GShock is a pretty durable watch. I think the only reason it leaked so bad was the last time I had the battery replaced the person who did it for me didn't install the case back gasket correctly as I discovered earlier today when I took it apart to view all of the rust.

I think it probably would have lasted another 10 years to finish off my 20 years of state service if it had been reassembled correctly.. I was actually hoping that was going to happen so I could brag about wearing the same watch to work for 20 years for $60.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

IC - did a store put the back on incorrectly? Maybe you could get some compensation for them ruining your watch?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
IC - did a store put the back on incorrectly? Maybe you could get some compensation for them ruining your watch?
Yes, it was at Walmart.

But it was also a couple of years ago that it was done and I have no proof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts