Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone have anyone have any 5 minute man food recipes? Learned a lot about quick, easy on a budget cooking while in school.

Tuna Casserole
Mac & Cheese, can of tuna, peas, black olives....done

Spaghetti with Clam Sauce
Pasta, can of minced clams, a little butter, salt, pepper...done.

Homemade Pizza
French bread sliced in half long ways, Spaghetti sauce, cheese...meat of choice......done.

Mexican Casserole
Put cooked pasta in a bowl, cook 1/2 lb hamburger add to pasta, black olives, chili powder (very important) to taste, cover with cheese of choice, micro 4 minutes....done.

Chow Mein
Take 2 Top Ramen Soup packages, boil the noodles as usual, drain water throw the noodles in a frying (a little oil) add one seasoning pack and as much as the other as your taste dictates. You can add a meat or veggies while frying up the noodles.

Now for the funniest cooked meal I have ever witnessed; aside from microwaves no cooking in the dorms and not everyone had a micro.....went to friends room and smelled something cooking, looked and he had a piece of bologna on a light bulb with a piece of cheese on top of the bologna....he was making a grilled cheese, bologna sandwich.
2nd best - same guy, Hibachi grill in the dorm room, he thought an open window would suffice. Fire department showed up........

CJ

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Toasted Cheese Sandwich. Toast your bread, butter one side of each lightly, take singles cheese slice put on buttered side, cover with other buttered side against cheese, microwave high 20 seconds.

Toaster Pizza, Toast two slices of bread, spread one side each with spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce, add peperoni slices or pieces, top with pizza or mozzarella cheese, microwave high for 20 seconds.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

555-1212...Done !

Seattle, it made me laugh to read how you proclaimed "DONE!" at the end of the recipe so, I had to find a way to use it too & could only come up with calling for takeout & exclaiming,"Done!" as I hang up the phone.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
555-1212...Done !

Seattle, it made me laugh to read how you proclaimed "DONE!" at the end of the recipe so, I had to find a way to use it too & could only come up with calling for takeout & exclaiming,"Done!" as I hang up the phone.
Some lawyers where I live use the slogan "One call that's all" when they advertise.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Anyone have anyone have any 5 minute man food recipes? Learned a lot about quick, easy on a budget cooking while in school.

Tuna Casserole
Mac & Cheese, can of tuna, peas, black olives....done

Spaghetti with Clam Sauce
Pasta, can of minced clams, a little butter, salt, pepper...done.

Homemade Pizza
French bread sliced in half long ways, Spaghetti sauce, cheese...meat of choice......done.

Mexican Casserole
Put cooked pasta in a bowl, cook 1/2 lb hamburger add to pasta, black olives, chili powder (very important) to taste, cover with cheese of choice, micro 4 minutes....done.

Chow Mein
Take 2 Top Ramen Soup packages, boil the noodles as usual, drain water throw the noodles in a frying (a little oil) add one seasoning pack and as much as the other as your taste dictates. You can add a meat or veggies while frying up the noodles.

Now for the funniest cooked meal I have ever witnessed; aside from microwaves no cooking in the dorms and not everyone had a micro.....went to friends room and smelled something cooking, looked and he had a piece of bologna on a light bulb with a piece of cheese on top of the bologna....he was making a grilled cheese, bologna sandwich.
2nd best - same guy, Hibachi grill in the dorm room, he thought an open window would suffice. Fire department showed up........

CJ

Your last paragraph brings back memories of my Frat days. LOL!!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Duchess, works perfectly in that context!:)

Duchess wrote:
555-1212...Done !

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

5 minute Man food?

It don't get any more manly than MREs. If you have the chemical heater pack and a little water you don't even need a stove.

Most (not all) of these things are pretty good.

T.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Ramen Noodle soup....secret ingredient....add a piece of American cheese in it...changes it totally and is awesome...I think in under 3 minutes...Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
Ramen Noodle soup....secret ingredient....add a piece of American cheese in it...changes it totally and is awesome...I think in under 3 minutes...Enjoy!
Try that in a can of chicken noodle, or any chicken soup!!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I like to add frozen peas to Ramen Noodles along with cracking one egg into it while it's boiling.
That sounds awesome also....Gotta try it...Thanks for the tip...:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts