• OMEGA Planet Ocean

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
imported post

Not an easy answer. The PO with the 2500 I would take the SO44 but the new version which is $1500+ more than a SO so I would go with the better movement which is the 8500 vs. a modified 2824.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Does anyone want to buy the SO 44 - Just kidding I love Breitling's - I will have a Planet Ocean very soon - Brice you sold the one I wanted to buy. I was to late.

What size and model do you guys recommend??

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
imported post

If the older Steelfish was a choice, that would be mine!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tasted both the PO and Breitling, I loved the PO in the beginning and wanted to buy one with the 8500 movement, after reading all the reviews and love for Omegas, I love Omega too and will maybe keep one just for the sake. In short the price of the Omega planet ocean was 40% higher then the breitling so I thought to have a close look and surprisingly I was not impressed with the shinny grey bezel of omega and opted the clunky breitling with much lesser price. It just gives a more masculine look on hand . The old omegas with the black bezel are good but new grey bezel is not an eye catcher.

I have a friend with the old PO and he say my breitling and was impressed with the finish and quality , and just to mention it weighs more then the omega its heavy its thick its chunky. Eye catcher for sure.

I have been in high end business meetings and people wearing rolex sea dwellers and submariners , I caught them so many timeshaving an eye on my breitling and trying to figure it out. hahahah

SO I am a happy camper with my Super Ocean 44.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts