Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34665436/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?GT1=43001

TOKYO - A robber bored a hole through the wall of jewelry shop and walked off with about 200 luxury watches worth $3.2 million in Tokyo's upscale Ginza district, police said Saturday.

Investigators discovered a 16 to 20 inch hole in one of the store's walls, said Shinya Watanabe, a spokesman for the Tokyo Metropolitan Police.

Last February, $540,000 in jewelry was stolen from another Ginza store through a hole in a concrete wall. Police said it was not clear whether the two thefts were linked, or if the thief entered the store to remove the watches.

A security guard monitoring the store Friday afternoon did not notice anything unusual, Watanabe said. Police had no witnesses but were interviewing employees at neighboring stores for possible leads.

"Whoever did this bored a hole into a concrete wall," Watanabe said. "The noise must have been quite loud."

The store, Tenshodo, is located in the heart of Ginza, the busiest high-end shopping district in Tokyo. It was founded in 1879 and sells jewelry and luxury watches such as Rolex, Chopard and Piaget.

Saturday was the start of the New Year sale season, when bargain hunters flock to department stores and shops offering big discounts. A block from Tenshodo, customers lined up at Mitsukoshi department store waiting for its 10 a.m. opening.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

IT WASNT ME!!! I SWEAR!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING!!!!

I KNOW, I KNOW -BUT IT WASNT ME!!! LOL
(not all Latino's are thieves LOL)

I SWEAR!!

:madd:madd:madd:%:%:%:%

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:

I SWEAR!!

Didn't you just get back from Tokyo?????

:lol:lol:lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

2 thefts with holes dug through the walls to get in???? You would think there was better security systems in these upscale jewelry stores???

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:

I SWEAR!!

unless we are stealing someone elses woman...LOL JK

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Anybody want to buy some watches? Cheap!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

IT WASNT ME EITHER!!! LOL :t

DenFromNM wrote:
WATCHURSELF wrote:

I SWEAR!!

unless we are stealing someone elses woman...LOL JK

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

These are tough cases to solve if there isn't any evidence. The only good thing that will help investigators is that these watches all have serial numbers on them so if they try and sell them conventionally they may leave a bread crumb trail. Most likely these will end up on the black market and become untraceable. If you buy a watch on a street corner in Tokyo you might just get the deal of a lifetime Ha Ha LOL!!!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

WHAT FENCE?????? :%:%:%:%:%

:madd:madd:madd:madd NOT FUNNY CJ!!!!

Seattle wrote:
Yeah G....but if there were a river to cross and a fence to climb...hmmm..:%:%:%:%:%

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
NO NO I NEVER LEFT US SOIL!!! :%:%:%

CurrentTime wrote:
Didn't you just get back from Tokyo?????

:lol:lol:lol

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Here's an update . . .

UPDATE: Six Held in H.K. Over Ginza heist

Hong Kong police said Saturday they have arrested six people — five from Hong Kong and one from mainland China — who were allegedly involved in the robbery of luxury watches and other items from a jewelry shop in Tokyo’s Ginza shopping district during the New Year’s holidays.

The six suspects are three men and three women aged between 36 and 53. Two were arrested Thursday at two public housing estates in Hong Kong, while another two were arrested Friday at another public housing estate.

“We have retrieved about 180 watches from five of the six parcels sent by express mail from Japan to Hong Kong,” Adrian Kwan, organized crime superintendent, told reporters. “We believe objects in the other parcel have been sold on the market.”

The value of the stolen properties amounts to about 18 million Hong Kong dollars ($2.32 million), he said.

The investigation revealed that three of the suspects allegedly broke into the Tenshodo jeweler in Ginza sometime between Dec. 31 and Jan. 2 and mailed the stolen items to Hong Kong on Monday. The three left Japan for Hong Kong the same day.

Kwan said police found the stolen items, including watches, rings, necklaces and bank notes, inside the suspects’ homes and safe deposit boxes in banks, and among them 104 watches were confirmed stolen from the Tenshodo store in Ginza.

Kwan said the police will discuss the case with Japan’s liaison officers in Hong Kong on Monday. There is no extradition treaty between Japan and Hong Kong.

Source: The Japan Times

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
imported post

I just saw this on the news over here!! came on to see if anybody had posted it and i see this :) good to see everybody keeps up to date!! so... who wants some cheap luxury watches? :t

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

UPDATE: WATCH BANDITS CAUGHT

UPDATE: Six Held in H.K. Over Ginza heist

Posted: 10 Jan 2010 08:30 PM PST

Hong Kong police said Saturday they have arrested six people — five from Hong Kong and one from mainland China — who were allegedly involved in the robbery of luxury watches and other items from a jewelry shop in Tokyo’s Ginza shopping district during the New Year’s holidays.

The six suspects are three men and three women aged between 36 and 53. Two were arrested Thursday at two public housing estates in Hong Kong, while another two were arrested Friday at another public housing estate.

“We have retrieved about 180 watches from five of the six parcels sent by express mail from Japan to Hong Kong,” Adrian Kwan, organized crime superintendent, told reporters. “We believe objects in the other parcel have been sold on the market.”

The value of the stolen properties amounts to about 18 million Hong Kong dollars ($2.32 million), he said.

The investigation revealed that three of the suspects allegedly broke into the Tenshodo jeweler in Ginza sometime between Dec. 31 and Jan. 2 and mailed the stolen items to Hong Kong on Monday. The three left Japan for Hong Kong the same day.

Kwan said police found the stolen items, including watches, rings, necklaces and bank notes, inside the suspects’ homes and safe deposit boxes in banks, and among them 104 watches were confirmed stolen from the Tenshodo store in Ginza.

Kwan said the police will discuss the case with Japan’s liaison officers in Hong Kong on Monday. There is no extradition treaty between Japan and Hong Kong.

Source: The Japan Times

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

You are subscribed to email updates from The Watch Lounge - the Online Watch Lover's Magazine
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google

Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.