Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took me a while to acquire this...I actually saw the 3 hander in person at a local AD early Dec so I knew I wanted it really bad.

But had to flip my Ball and Hamilton pilot chrono to fund this...no regrets.

The 'redesigned' Aquaracer is probably the best in the series so far, IMO. Ceremic bezel, new bracelet is more chunkier/heavier than prev gen, lume is 2 tone (green/blue), hands/indices are 'fatter' and highly polished. The stem/crown which was weak in the older models seem to be better built now.

The chrono is 43mm and thick (probably around 16mm) but does wear very comfortably on my small 6.75" wrist. Cyclops is effective on the date (though some people may not like it).

The blue dial is of a darker hue compared to the blue dial on the prev models. In low light, it will pass for a black dial. Anti-reflective is very good as with most Tags (however, one sided only).

Last purchase for 2015 and it may be like that for 2016 (have couple of international vacations planned next year with my family so watch purchases will be very limited).

Happy new years everyone!!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Congrats on a very cool Tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheVision

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Holy crap, that is outstanding, any photos of the three hand?

Found the photo myself!

This watch has apparently borrowed a few design features from Rolex (cyclops date window) Omega (scallop bezel and teak dial) and Blancpain ( the hands).

I love how they went back to a more subdued blue color dial like I had on my WAN2111, the last model with the "neon" blue looked bizarre to me.

I really like the looks of this watch, now if you could just pick it up for less then $1,500.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
That is one sweet Tag! I love the textured dial and I'm a sucker for blue ones... Same dimensions as my Perrelet Seacraft... Chunky but manageable! Congrats :smileyface_hand_cla

Reactions: TheVision

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've seen several tags come out with an in-house movement. This makes sense considering that ETA is keeping their movements to themselves starting in 2016. I believe. And by the way I learned that on this forum so thank you guys.
Does this aqua racer have an in-house movement or is it still using ETA?

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I've seen several tags come out with an in-house movement. This makes sense considering that ETA is keeping their movements to themselves starting in 2016. I believe. And by the way I learned that on this forum so thank you guys.
Does this aqua racer have an in-house movement or is it still using ETA?

I had a Aquaracer WAN2111 that I purchased over three years ago, and they were already using Sellita SW200-2 movements back then.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Very nice

Another watch it reminds me of is the Baume Mercier Riviera, the bezel multi sided. I owned the three hand and it was great as well as the older Tag models. Used to be my main watch for years, 10 plus
Great company

BTW

I still have that yellow Tutima D 300 I had to buy to replace the one I sold you. Can't make that mistake again. Did yours ever sell?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
That is an awesome watch. I honestly love that model/design.
Congrats.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts