Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First off I want to thank George (WATCHURSELF) for being such a good friend and truly and honestly hooking me up in a big way. What he did by sending me the 2 bracelets without asking for anything was way way above and beyond. He just sent them to me and I have to say it was a really nice thing he did. Thank you again George.

So here is what I am doing.

I have a Invicta Yellow Grand Diver 3048 that I bought from a private seller. It came on a Seiko rubber band. This watch -

I also have a SAN III 6044 on a rubber/metal band that I got in a trade. This one -

I have posted many times before that with a very few exceptions (like the Citizen Orca I received today) I do not like rubber or leather bands. They just are not for me and I prefer metal bracelets.

That being said George and I were talking one day and he mentioned that not only did he have an extra Grand Diver bracelet sitting in his drawer, but he also had an extra SAN III all metal bracelet as well. While that was interesting I never thought he would send me both bracelets. Well he did! Did I mention this - THANK YOU AGAIN GEORGE!

So here is where we are tonight. This is Part 1 and tomorrow I will post Part 2 once the new bracelets have been put on.

The 2 watches being discussed -

The current SAN III and the new bracelet from George that I will be putting on it. I actually love the black in the middle and how it will look on this case.

The current Grand Diver with the Seiko rubber strap and the new grand diver bracelet George sent to me.

Tomorrow I will post pics of the watches with the new bracelets on. Thank you again George!!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

That was very nice of George. Both are going to look great but I bet than SAN III will be incredible. Can't wait to see them.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

James- it was my pleasure my friend -no big deal!!!

enjoy that one of a kind SAN III MOD!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
imported post

It is like a watch makeover show, lol

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Wow......This George guy is some good guy isnt he..........i dont like him myself, but at least he hooked you up............lol....(kidding George):cool:

James, awesome for you, i think the san111 will look cool on the two tone bracelet, make sure to post pics when you switch them.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
imported post

i can see by your pics that they are going to look awsome!! that was real nice of george to give you the bracelets. guess there are good people in cyber space..

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I ran into some problems getting the Grand Diver bracelet on the case so that one is going to have to wait until after the weekend. Hopefully at the PA GGT someone can help me get it on correctly.

But we DID get the SAN III new bracelet on and it is FANTASTIC !!!!

MAKEOVER #1

Before -

AFTER - there is no comparison and I LOVE having the black in the middle of the band with this case!!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That turned out great, James!

I've done swaps on 3 SAIIIs so far, and they're fairly easy!

Did you put some Loctite on the case bolts?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
no, should i have? I was incredibly surprised how easy it was to open the bolts and take the other band off and replace with this one.

I REALLY have no idea now why they could not just sell the new SAN III sets so they would work with these older models. Would be sooooo easy to do.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I agree . . . I wish they were all interchangeable, but the strap/bracelt fromt he "kit" won't fit the older ones. :(

It's a good idea to use some Loctite "blue". It will help those bolts stay locked in place despite all the shocks and jarring from wearing it. :)

TVDinner wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:
no, should i have? I was incredibly surprised how easy it was to open the bolts and take the other band off and replace with this one.

I REALLY have no idea now why they could not just sell the new SAN III sets so they would work with these older models. Would be sooooo easy to do.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

I have to say this, and I know a lot of people will not agree with me - but there is NO comparison between the SAN III on a bracelet versus the rubber band. Seriously it is more then just a weight thing - it is a "classy" thing. It now looks like a very expensive timepiece, instead of a casual giant watch on a ridiculously wide rubber strap.

Sure I understand that the watch is lighter with the rubber band instead of the all metal bracelet, but from a pure look of value and quality - there is no comparison. The first thing my wife said was "WOW that watch looks SOOOOO much better, and I liked it before you made the change".

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

After getting my first SAN III on a bracelet I wish I could come across a silvertone bracelet that someone has and doesn't want to put on my other SAN III with the yellow dial. It does make for a more high end look.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

James -it looks great!!! really does -and i agree on a bracelet give the watch alot more presence

1 - 15 of 15 Posts