Watch Freeks banner

1st thing that you think ...

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Firewire 
#1 ·
Even though I don't own a Panerai (yet) I consider myself a "fanboy". So it's no surprise that the overall look of this Heroic 18 dial really appeals to me.

However, there's something about it that bugs me a bit. I'm curious to see if it's just me or if any other Freeks notice the same thing. So ....

When you look at this dial shot, what's the first thing that comes to mind (other than "Panerai homage")?

See less See more
#7 ·
Well, I like it at first glance. But then it started bugging me that the minute markers are white with their own set of hour markers, and completely separate from the sandwiched hour markers. Its like 2 different people designed it without checking with each other before building it.

#9 · (Edited)
@cabfrank & WAMZ4:

That's it! I, too, was taken by it at first glance, but as I kept looking at it I wanted to erase those white minute markers. I just don't know why they didn't incorporate the minutes into the sandwich dial even with little round punch-outs. So it wasn't just me knit picking.

I really like the things GG has made: for example, the upcoming bronze Vanguard pictured below. I don't even like Roman numerals on dials, but I REALLY like that bronzo!!!!

Thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.