Watch Freeks banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently given an Accutron (date only; no day). It's been in a drawer for many years and looks brand new. It has N6 on the back, which I think is 1976. The movement has 2192.10 written on it and a single coil, which I think makes it a 219. The problem is that it doesn't run. I had the battery changed, but that didn't help. I guess there are two options: 1. Find someone to repair it, if that's possible, or 2. Replace the movement.

Can anyone offer advice about repairs, especially who to contact. Or I need advice about replacing the movement. Can I just buy a working 219 and insert it into mine? I want to keep my case or whatever the watch movement enclosure is called and the faceplate. Does any other movement model, old or new, fit into the case? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Reactions: jason_recliner

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. Sent Bob an e-mail. Hoping to hear back from him. It's difficult to find info about what movements will fit in the watch...and how much they cost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it's 218 then you should be able to use common battery. Given the year don't think it'd be 214 which requires the AccuCell

Sent from my cloud using TPT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts