Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Wow nice! I have a nice railroad collection but never found a double handed Accutron that I wanted to buy.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Lovely, is that a dual time zone with that extra hand? There is something odd about the relative positions of the hour and minute hands?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is very nice and looks in fabulous condition. Dare I ask NOS or restored?
I got a NOS crystal for it and serviced the movement, When I got it it had no band or bracelet so I bought a NOS JB Champion bracelet for it, But that's about it, The hands and dial were flawless when I got it and that's what really counts when you looking for something 60 years old...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lovely, is that a dual time zone with that extra hand? There is something odd about the relative positions of the hour and minute hands?
myBulova said this about this type of watch..

'This dual hand model was used by Rail Workers and those who frequently traveled between time zones.'

Which makes some sense with the dif time zones being 1 hour apart...

·
Registered
239 Posts
myBulova said this about this type of watch..

'This dual hand model was used by Rail Workers and those who frequently traveled between time zones.'

Which makes some sense with the dif time zones being 1 hour apart...

In your original pictures, the hour hand shows 1/4 past four, but the minute hand shows 1/4 before the hour.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In your original pictures, the hour hand shows 1/4 past four, but the minute hand shows 1/4 before the hour.
That's not possible because it's just one hand with two tips with both tips one hour apart from each other?

The first time I had seen one of these double hour hand Swiss Accutrons was at Martin Marcus's website when i seen these two pictures...

After seeing those two pictures so long ago the search was on and then finally success, This watch is one of my greatest finds second only to my first gen 1962 Astronaut and really I didn't find the M2 Astro because it was gifted to me by a very good friend of my father who used to fly U2's back in the 50's !

EDIT - I found one of those original pictures and blew it up, I'll let you make the call...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The minute hand shows 1/4 BEFORE the hour, and BOTH hour hands show 1/4 AFTER the hour.
OH I see what you are saying now, Your talking about the relationship between the hour hand and the minute hand, Yes I set up this watch a little different then it's supposed to be which is on the hour each tip of the double hour hand is normally let's say at 1 o'clock and the other is at 2 o'clock But I changed that so when it's on the hour the double hour hand has only 1 o'clock between both tips so you can see not only the 1 o'clock marker (which you could see before anyways) but now you can also the smaller red 13 o'clock marker on the inner red ring of hour markers (Which would be some what covered by one of the hour hands on the hour).

So now it looks like this on the hour, You can better see the numbers on the inner red ring when the clock strikes the hour...

I hope that makes sense and it is easily changed back at any time...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now with this latest watch, I have both of the Swiss made 214H Railroad Approved watches !

·
Registered
239 Posts
I spotted that odd setup immediately. To each his own, but if that beauty was mine, I would leave it as the designers intended.
OH I see what you are saying now, Your talking about the relationship between the hour hand and the minute hand, Yes I set up this watch a little different then it's supposed to be which is on the hour each tip of the double hour hand is normally let's say at 1 o'clock and the other is at 2 o'clock But I changed that so when it's on the hour the double hour hand has only 1 o'clock between both tips so you can see not only the 1 o'clock marker (which you could see before anyways) but now you can also the smaller red 13 o'clock marker on the inner red ring of hour markers (Which would be some what covered by one of the hour hands on the hour).

So now it looks like this on the hour, You can better see the numbers on the inner red ring when the clock strikes the hour...

I hope that makes sense and it is easily changed back at any time...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can always change it back in about 20 minutes...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts