Very cool piece. Love the bracelet. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Accutronitis

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks Guys !

It's currently being restored to 100% factory correct, I'll post some more pics when it's done !

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This Astronaut M2's Factory Original 214HN Movement Is Back To 100% Factory Correct !

This Astronaut M2's Factory Original 214HN Movement Is Back To 100% Factory Correct And Is Running Perfect !!! Very Happy !!!

More To Come !!! :smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wasn't 100% factory correct, The lume on the dial had mostly fallen off and no longer matched the hands and the movement had been worked on over the years and two parts had been replace with a fully interchangeable replacement parts but the train bridge was not year correct and the coil assy was a Swiss made part which should be USA made and it was not year correct.

The movement is now 100% factory correct for a 1962 2nd gen Astronaut and the dial and hands are at International Dial Co. Inc. getting a professional lume restoration done and after it gets back will look just like my avatar and will glow again like it did when new !

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got the dial back from being professionally Re-Lumed by International Dial Co., Inc And they did a great job ! Very happy !

The 100% factory correct restoration of this factory original 1962 2nd Gen Accutron Astronaut is going very well and is very close to being completed !

Reactions: calypso

·
Registered
239 Posts
Must be very satisfying to have it all perfect. I wonder if there had been more Accutrons on the market, there would have been more collectors of them, and consequently higher prices. After all, these are historic evolutionary designs.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm glad the prices aren't higher than they are or i wouldn't have the watches i have now, The guy that was selling this M2 wanted $1,000.00 dollars for it and that is plenty high enough for me !

I couldn't afford that so i wheeled and dealed for it !

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
International Dial did a wonderful job of reluming the hour markers and hands !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts