Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
The inner dial is the hour markers, and the outer dial is the minute markers.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Well, I doubt it's legit. The B-uhr watches were only made by 5 manufacturers for the Luftwaffe and Omega wasn't one of them.
They also had a hacking second hand.
Also, the type B wasn't made until 1941. The type A was first, late 30's

·
12,041 Posts
Odd to see the Omega logo on a watch that style

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Well, I doubt it's legit. The B-uhr watches were only made by 5 manufacturers for the Luftwaffe and Omega wasn't one of them.
They also had a hacking second hand.
Also, the type B wasn't made until 1941. The type A was first, late 30's
Omega made watches for the RAF in WWII, but I really haven't seen an Omega in this configuration.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
"Five manufacturers – four German and one Swiss – supplied the B-Uhren. In Germany, A. Lange & Söhne, Wempe, Lacher & Company/Durowe (Laco), and Walter Storz (Stowa) produced the watch. Wempe and Stowa used Swiss movements; Wempe settled on the Thommen cal. 31, and Stowa used the Unitas cal. 2812. Lange used its big cal. 48 and then its cal. 48.1, and Laco used its (Durowe) cal. 5 – the only two companies to use in-house German movements. When Wempe purchased the Chronometerwerk in Hamburg in 1938, it gained a significant increase in production capacity, and to assist the limited production faced by Lange and Laco, Wempe assembled watches for them. To meet demand, Lange also sent ébauches and cases to a variety of other manufacturers for assembly and regulation. In smaller numbers, the Swiss International Watch Company IWC who supplied watches to both Axis and Allied forces, manufactured the B-Uhr (cal. 52T S.C.) for the Luftwaffe. These five companies were the only ones to make the B-Uhr."

Sourced from Monochrome...
http://monochrome-watches.com/the-history-of-the-pilot-watch-part-five-b-uhr/

·
6,238 Posts
Do a search on the 'Bay. You will find the same watch but with different brand names printed on the dial. They go between $65 and $125. They all look the same and are made in China.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts