Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Up on ShopNBC.com at $377.41 with 5 VPs.........terrible. Why would someone buy one of these with the way the SS versions are dropping in price and are not much more? I guess even though I was thinking just under $400 for this originally I thought they may do something even better. I do not see this as a value.

NO DEAL!!!!

Let's hear some thoughts now that we know the actual price.......

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Well compared to the host pick T-Rex with the G-10 in it I would say that it is quite the value. Me personally I wont own the watch, but if I didnt have 4 different SAS I would buy one in a New York Second!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Well compared to the host pick T-Rex with the G-10 in it I would say that it is quite the value. Me personally I wont own the watch, but if I didnt have 4 different SAS I would buy one in a New York Second!!!
It's a $30 movement, just like the G10!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with Ron on this one. I am not happy with the falling price of the SAS as I have publicly stated before BUT THIS IS NOT ABOUT THAT.

If I did not already own a SAS, and if I thought the all metal SAS was just to heavy - then this would be an INCREDIBLE deal and at an affordable price.

It is still a massive watch case that is really styled well and uniquely. It is a quartz movement so the price being under $400 is realistic for this watch.

Now personally I hate the rubber strap, but I say that about every single watch of any brand. I am just not a rubber strap fan.

So bottom line, from a completely objective viewpoint and removing any of my preexisting feelings about the SAS - this is a great deal for someone who wants a SAS.

Just my humble opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

You got to understand Ron has been thinking about changing his screen name to InvictaRon......LOL. Just playing with you Ron......

argabright wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
That was my point exactly!!!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

James you really think this is a $380 watch? Can't wait to see how far this one drops once it gets out like the SS version. I think an uneducated buyer wanting their first SAS may jump on this but if they have watched the market on the SS version they will get this crazy low later. Can't believe how fast they are selling though.....maybe I just am an Invicta SAS hater....LOL.

TVDinner wrote:
I have to agree with Ron on this one. I am not happy with the falling price of the SAS as I have publicly stated before BUT THIS IS NOT ABOUT THAT.

If I did not already own a SAS, and if I thought the all metal SAS was just to heavy - then this would be an INCREDIBLE deal and at an affordable price.

It is still a massive watch case that is really styled well and uniquely. It is a quartz movement so the price being under $400 is realistic for this watch.

Now personally I hate the rubber strap, but I say that about every single watch of any brand. I am just not a rubber strap fan.

So bottom line, from a completely objective viewpoint and removing any of my preexisting feelings about the SAS - this is a great deal for someone who wants a SAS.

Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:

Just my humble opinion.
I hear you, but the 22 Jewel 251.272 is a much better movement, and to me, there's a value in that, too. It is used in a number of actual high-end watches such as the Technomarine. To my knowledge, this ISA is all over Invictas but in the past it was mostly Adee Kaye using ISA movements (the $5 ones, not the $30 one in this watch.)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I'm going no deal. If they came out at $299, I would have given it some thought. In light of what's been going on lately with their(I) prices plummeting in such quick fashion, I can wait, if it turns out that I HAVE to have one. Like Rip, I have 4 ss models. I'll survive.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

With you completely on this watch Tuna......under $300 and I would have thought about it. If we are seeing the SS versions at $400 what is going to happen to this variation?

TUNAKLLR wrote:
I'm going no deal. If they came out at $299, I would have given it some thought. In light of what's been going on lately with their(I) prices plummeting in such quick fashion, I can wait, if it turns out that I HAVE to have one. Like Rip, I have 4 ss models. I'll survive.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
James you really think this is a $380 watch? Can't wait to see how far this one drops once it gets out like the SS version. I think an uneducated buyer wanting their first SAS may jump on this but if they have watched the market on the SS version they will get this crazy low later. Can't believe how fast they are selling though.....maybe I just am an Invicta SAS hater....LOL.

TVDinner wrote:

Just my humble opinion.
I never said that Mike. I said that it is a good deal for someone who could not afford an all metal $1000 SAS, or a $600 SAS. or a $500 SAS.

I HATE the price dropping, but it is what it is, so this is a under $400 SAS on rubber that some people who could not afford the more expensive ones before could buy.

Sure we know it WILL DROP AND DROP AND DROP, but that again was not the question. Right now it is a good deal...for someone. And many of those people will buy it, AND NEVER SEE THE DAILY DEAL sites in a few months with it lower. As far as they are concerned they will have gotten a good deal they can afford.

Do I like it - NO WAY. Do I understand it - yes. I still hate the SAS price dropping, but it is what it is.

I will add this - I HATE THE NEW DIALS ON THESE and FAR MORE LIKE THE DIAL I HAVE ON MY SAS. I think the dial on these is really ugly and for that reason alone I would not purchase this watch.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.