Watch Freeks banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does anyone know if there are any differences other than color on the 10 Sea Spiders that SNBC has listed? Any idea why there are 5 different prices ranging from $249 to $366?

CJ

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

well each color is a modification to the complications involved in the re-tooling of all of the machinery involved in creating a whole new design feature for a brand new watch

and if you buy that -there's a bridge in brooklyn i wanna sell you!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

ooh ooh...I like bridges!! How much?

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
well each color is a modification to the complications involved in the re-tooling of all of the machinery involved in creating a whole new design feature for a brand new watch

and if you buy that -there's a bridge in brooklyn i wanna sell you!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

yea I agree - I have no clue what the reason could be OTHER then when they were purchased by ShopNBC. they probably purchased different color combos at different times at different item costs, and now are selling at the related mark ups. Some they must have gotten cheaper and now can sell for less then others.

Remember - you have to look at ShopNBC just like any other retail store in the mall with items on their shelves or in their display cases.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
Yes, and it's all patented.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am sure it all depends on the quantity break they bought them at, and how well one has sold from the other.

Think washer and dryer, a White set sells for $1000.00 each but the Silvertone costs $1200.00 each, they have the exact same guts, but one appeals to the consumer more, so the dist bought 100 sets of 1 vs the other. So in a nut shell because they can!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
imported post

Out of the 10 shown in the link, only one has 3 subdials. The very first version was only 3 options... silver, gold, and rosegold. The first series/generation were 3 subdials. The 9 of the 10 have 2 subdials, which I believe are the next version/generation. The 2 all black are the same with the exception of one having a red spyder, for whatever reason Eyal refers to it as a Special Edition.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

I've always liked them and thought they would be a great "beater, high endurance" type watch but not for the money.
I like the all gray and wouldn't mind one but again the price is not right.

CJ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.