Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Deal 2 - Citizen Eco-Drive Retrograde Perpetual Calendar Diamond Bezel Minute Repeater for $259
http://www.chronoshark.com/

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

only 2 reasons why i havent jumped all over this one

1- NBZ OR DEAD -as per the wife

2- its only 40MM -if it was 43/45 i would be good

this watch is absolutely Gorgeous!!

TVDinner wrote:
Deal 2 - Citizen Eco-Drive Retrograde Perpetual Calendar Diamond Bezel Minute Repeater for $259
http://www.chronoshark.com/

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

George I said EXACTLY the same thing to Don last night. I LOVE to dial and all the complications and way the numbers and words are displayed. I can do with or without the diamonds but EVERYTHING else is super hot.
Only big problem is that it is to small for me as you mentioned.
I believe my father is buying on (or bought one already) so I might actually get to see it eventually.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

yeah the rocks are nicely done so it wouldnt hold me back
normally i dont like diamonds on a watch (too fancy smancy for me) but this watch rocks - personally if it was 43mm it would be a go
absolutely gorgoues and has the Master calendar which for me is a must have set of complications which i currently dont have -sort of a grail for me

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

there are actually many Citizen Eco Drive models that I really like. will be on a look out for similar deals in the future, especially on models that look like this one.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i dont have an ECO yet - do you think that falls under my AUTO ONLY REQUIREMENT??

i dont care its on the short list!! which is getting large again!! LOL

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I think the Eco is a kind of "special auto", so yes I would say it qualifies to be on your list of watches to get!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Light as power source

Most Eco-Drive watches are equipped with a special titanium lithium-ion secondary battery that is charged by an amorphous silicon solar cell located behind the dial.[2] The titanium lithium-ion composition precludes it from being affected from the regular charge/discharge cycle of other types of rechargeable batteries. Light passes through the covering crystal and dial before it reaches the solar cell.[3]

Depending on the electronic movement model, a fully-charged secondary power cell could run with no further charging anywhere from 30 days to 3,175 days (8.7 years).[4] If kept in the dark for too long, some movement models engage a hibernate mode, where the hands of the watch would stop running but the internal quartz movement would still keep track of time. If an ample supply of light is given, the hands would move to the proper positions and resume regular timekeeping.[2]

from - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco-Drive

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

i like the second one with the diamonds much more then the first tone. the second one is real classy looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts