Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Let's discuss all the shows and items in this one thread!

I'll start - I am not sure that I like the Black Widow. I think it is neat, but would want to see it in person before purchasing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Let's discuss all the shows and items in this one thread!

I'll start - I am not sure that I like the Black Widow. I think it is neat, but would want to see it in person before purchasing.
Thought I would like it but I didn't. I already grabbed the collector box and the big deal I think is that SAS with the venom yellow dial with 6 VPs under $90.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I HATE the Bolts. This is just my opinion, but I really don't like any of them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I HATE the Bolts. This is just my opinion, but I really don't like any of them.
Get rid of that rope whatever it is going around the dial and put some type of rotating bezel and I think it might be nice then.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I posted this on other forums also - I think the green and yellow dial colors make the SAS LOOK CHEAP. I am sure some people will love these BUT to me the silver/black SAS I have it A GRAIL. It is my "breitling". It looks classy and professional. It screams class and "expensive" watch, which it is (or was).

With the green and yellow (to me) it makes it look TOO CASUAL and, well a little cheap.

Again this is just my opinion.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
I HATE the Bolts. This is just my opinion, but I really don't like any of them.
Get rid of that rope whatever it is going around the dial and put some type of rotating bezel and I think it might be nice then.
That is EXACTLY my issue with the bolt. I hate that rope thing around the bezel area. I agree with you 100%
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I posted this on other forums also - I think the green and yellow dial colors make the SAS LOOK CHEAP. I am sure some people will love these BUT to me the silver/black SAS I have it A GRAIL. It is my "breitling". It looks classy and professional. It screams class and "expensive" watch, which it is (or was).

With the green and yellow (to me) it makes it look TOO CASUAL and, well a little cheap.

Again this is just my opinion.
I am with you on the green but again I have that yellow dial love thing going on for some reason. That green is ugly big time and I agree that looks cheap or something......I would like to see the yellow on though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I had my Silver/Black SAS on today at Reeds Jewelers - a chain that sells Breitlings, Rolex, high end Tags, etc etc and the salespeople wanted to see it, ask about it, and all agreed that it was an awesome watch. Remember I was trying on $7000 watches and the sales people were raving about my SAS as something they would purchase.

That would have NEVER EVER happened if the dial was venom green or school bus yellow.

Again, this is JUST my opinion.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Have to admit - personally I do not like the Russian Diver Akula - it is terribly ugly AND Jim's explanation about the day window and why the hand jumps around from one day to the next still makes no sense. I don't care if it is custom movement, it still is silly. And the power reserve dial?? Eyal said it will take years and years to see it even move. Again, pointless??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Have to admit - personally I do not like the Russian Diver Akula - it is terribly ugly AND Jim's explanation about the day window and why the hand jumps around from one day to the next still makes no sense. I don't care if it is custom movement, it still is silly. And the power reserve dial?? Eyal said it will take years and years to see it even move. Again, pointless??
very ugly and the day pointer jumped and wasn't pointing directly at Monday either which had to be a bit embarrassing because I saw Jim do a double take on it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

The new bracelet is definitely very nice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

Do like the blue Scuba but not a real diver.

Oops....don't like that day jumping around in this version. Not one bit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

It still irks me that they made all these changes about 30 days after I purchased mine, added a bunch of complications - but the price did not go up. Also this has the strange out of order days and the pointelss power reserve dial.

I will keep my original scuba with the massive date opening, lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

The Invicta event is so big they even have 2 models tonight. I haven't seen that before but I am sure others have.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

They have 2 models sometimes, but not that much. I love how "disconnected" the models always look.

I will say that as a pure "salesman" Jim is on his game tonight. Selling like a machine!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I would love it if everything that is gold was silver.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

did you see Jim's demonstration of the day thing just before the break - it did not line up AGAIN. Second time tonight.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top