Reactions: ganson

·
Registered
325 Posts

Reactions: ganson

·
Registered
863 Posts
Here is my favorite from my small Vostok watch collection...

Modded Vostok Amphibia 420662
At a mid-size being 39mm it fits my small/medium size wrist perfectly. An affordable automatic dive watch that looks great for work or play. Proven itself to be reliable, durable and consistently accurate. Love this watch. My very first DIY mod.

Currently have it on a soft resin strap for my summer creekin...

~v~

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's my Amphibia. I took off the god awful factory SS bracelet and added a StrapCo red crocodile print leather strap on it. I think it accentuates the little bit of red on the dial nicely. If the strap doesn't hold up to semi regular exposure to the Gulf of Mexico, then I'll replace it. No biggie.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

·
6,396 Posts
Here is a familiar dude....

Scuba Dude

Dude playing in the water...

~v~
Not only is it a stunning watch (like the other one) but the photography is equally stunning. Well done!

Reactions: Reflex

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thanks fellas, yeah both watch has been excellent for fishing. Tough, durable, accurate, affordable and certainly not too shabby looking.
Very pleased on how they turned out. Between the two, got to hand it to Scuba Dude when it comes to fishing.;)

It is hard to decide at times at which one to wear, dig em both. Hard to beat for a couple of affordable legit dive watches.

~v~​

·
Registered
863 Posts
I believe this one is my least expensive automatic watch I have in my collection. Nearly 40 hours of power reserve with hand-wind.
It's tough, accurate, and unique enough that I kept it as is. For $55 + $15 shipping this one arrived in 10 days after ordering.
Happy and pleased to have this one in my collection as well. Money well spent IMO.

Vostok Komandirskie K35

Since it has a screw-down crown and 100m WR that means it qualifies for shallow water dunkin.

No problem hanging out with the Scuba Dude for outdoorsy adventures.

~v~​

·
Registered
863 Posts
This next piece is something unique in my collection. It is the only piece with any gold color to it. I'm not into gold but I just thought that little would not be too bad.

Here is my last Vostok DIY amateur mod. It started out looking like this...

A simple bezel and bracelet change and it now looks like this...

Hoping it is not too blingy.

~v~

·
Registered
677 Posts
These really don't get the recognition they deserve. They're very respectable watches for a dirt cheap price. You'd struggle to find a reasonable quartz for the same price as you can get a 32 jewel, automatic, 200m diver from Vostok.

Reactions: FBPB

·
Registered
129 Posts
love the mod here, how does one acquire the right pieces? i'm VERY interested in doing a similar build!

thanks!

Here is my favorite from my small Vostok watch collection...

Modded Vostok Amphibia 420662
At a mid-size being 39mm it fits my small/medium size wrist perfectly. An affordable automatic dive watch that looks great for work or play. Proven itself to be reliable, durable and consistently accurate. Love this watch. My very first DIY mod.

Currently have it on a soft resin strap for my summer creekin...

~v~

1 - 20 of 38 Posts