Watch Freeks banner

Very,Very Belated reply to the Secret Angel. . .

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  soundaround 
#1 ·
imported post

. . . Firstly, my sincerest apologies for the tremendously late reply to the gifting of the Secret Angel watch I recieved.

And why exactly is it so late??? Well, some of the reason IS that I have been busy again with work. Ship traffic has picked up some . . . so you go when you got it.

BUT, the bigger reason I am so late in responding is that receiving the watch caused me to think considerably about why I received it. I wrote to you all about my youngest son Joseph. Loving him is easy, simple . . . love should be that way. What your kind gift gave me long pause to consider is not loving, but rather being loved. Please allow me to explain . . . I have never been totally comfortable with people, particularily when it comes to kindness and affection directed towards me. Mostly I have spent my years solitary, with the exception of my family, and concentrated on being as self sufficient as I could possibly be. Spending alot of time with others has never been a priority. I realized after the watch arrived that I really didn't know how to feel about it. My courtesies instinctively informed me cerebrally that I was grateful, it was a kind act and thank you was in order. But it was awkward. I was given a watch by someone I did not know, for sharing my thoughts. Why? How do you say thanks for that? As the requested guidelines suggest, a simple act of kindness to perpetuate the act would be in line. Time passed as I considered all this. One thing I realized early on is that . . . . well, that is simple, commiting a random act of kindness. Opportunity arises on an almost daily basis. Day to day living should encompass that principle. So, I sought a more meaningful form for expression, still within the sentiment of the gifting.

I work with three partners. One of whom has been a relationship of an evolutionary variety. We did not agree with each other's management styles, and generally clashed. A short while back I noticed he made conversation points regarding my watches. I took it as him making an effort to find common ground, and replied kindly, always taking the time to listen and involve myself in the conversation . . . in the direction he took it. Our relationship on the job began to improve. He bought a couple of watches himself, fashion brands he picked up at outlet stores, and made a point to bring them to me. I thought they were great . . . . only because he liked them so much. A single father, raising his teen daughter on his own, watches are a luxury he can ill afford to fit into his budget, hence his choices of what he purchased.

My answer to how to respond to the gifting came clearly to me. I took the watch I was so graciously given and placed it on his desk, in the box, and left it. The best I can tell you is thatI am sorry the rest of you were not there to see him open it. I watched from my desk . . . . and it was priceless!!! He adores the watch. He especially adores the fact that it was given to him. By me of all people!!!! It is worn regularily, with great pride, and shown off as prized possesion.

Sooooo, the Android that you sent me made another very happy, and made a strained relationship smooth. As soon as I can get him to sit still and maybe even take it off . . . . I'll post pictures . . . . but right now it isn't the pictures that matter, it's that fact that I learned something about myself, and I learned something about others as well. Thank You for the life lesson . . . . Randy.

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

#5 ·
imported post

Everything about your post above is exactly why the Secret Watch Angel program exists on this site. Thank you for posting what you said above. What an amazing story.

#8 ·
imported post

Randy that was an amazing story and thank you for sharing that. You did a great thing with the watch. Kudos to you randy for thinking of other people when you could of just kept it for yourself. That my friend is good karma...

#11 ·
imported post

Top shelf Randy. Very selfless of you to take an amazing gift and pass it on like that.

#12 ·
imported post

You know Randy, that is probably the nicest and most touching thing I have ever read, especially on a watch forum! It's my understanding that everything about what you did, from your thinking about how this affected you , to the kind act of giving the watch to a much deserving person, is what this Secret Angel thing is absolutely all about! Sometimes in life it's the real small things that happen that have the most effect on us and it seems this had a profound effect on you. THAT's what life is and should be about! Way to go!

#17 ·
imported post

Thank you so much for sharing that with us! It is amazing how a little kindness can change the lives of so many. Paying It Forward is the greatest thing we can do for each other. Something so simple as a kind act or a kind word to one person can affect the lives of hundreds of people. This program is a shining example of this. I applaud the Secret Angel and raise my glass to the owners of this forum for allowing this to be a part of all our lives.

Congrats and remember to always:

PAY IT FORWARD!

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.