Watch Freeks - View Single Post - Squale Onda arrived..Poor Man's Yachtmaster!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 03:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Chazman1946

My Photos: View

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzaferrari View Post
Well Chaz, I'm glad you finally pulled the trigger. But I'm curious as to why you didn't go for the Seiko "poor mans snowflake" ? You say here that you never use a bezel, yet you buy a diver. A highly polished one at that. Fingerprint city... Speaking of bezels. that baby is crying out for a ceramic insert. Is it true that the dial changes color in the sun ? Can't wait till you get the rice bead bracelet so we can see the full bling effect. Congrats and enjoy ! Try not to blind anyone sitting poolside...
I kind of like the raised stainless steel bezel gives it that Yachtmaster looks at 1/15th the price. Different than all of my other colored bezel divers.

The dial does change colors, goes from blue to purple and then in a certain light, the wave dial just pops.

They do make other models with different colored dials, which to me was just a little too summery sporty looking, including models with black metal bezels which to me ruin the looks of outstanding watch.

The reason I didn't the affordable "Snowflake" Seiko is that I'm not really into dress watches!

th by Charles Ford, on Flickr

Onda black bezel by Charles Ford, on Flickr
Own or have Owned the following: 1996 Sub, 3. Sinns 1. Omega vintage dress watch 3 Citizen Signature automatics, 4 Eco Drives, 2 Tag Heuers, 2 Accutrons, 2 Orients, 5 Seikos, 2 Invictas, 1 Pulsar 2 Tissots 1 Skagen and 1 Victorinox Swiss Army, Longines Legend Diver, Steinhart Smurf. and an Eterna Kon Tiki date. Oris 65 Oris Arctix, Borealis Estoril, Wenger Arctic Light, Breitling Colt Chrono, Certina DS Action Chronometer, Monta Triumph.

Last edited by Chazman1946; 08-08-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Chazman1946 is offline   Reply With Quote