Watch Freeks - View Single Post - Rory Gallagher
Thread: Rory Gallagher
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
GoodWatch

My Photos: View
Default Rory Gallagher

Well folks, I'm afraid I have to take you back yet again to my youth. 1976 or thereabouts. In high school back then there were two 'music' (and lifestyle) camps. 'Blues' and 'Disco'. Blues was an all encompassing term for music styles like, well, blues but also rock, hard rock, blues rock, etc. Everything the hated (by us) 'Disco' wasn't. The 'Disco' camp however was populated by 'hot chicks' while the 'Blues' camp was populated by more stout and less refined ladies

Anyhow, it was back then that I was introduced to a musician by the name of Rory Gallagher. That man was (and still is) the epitome of the true nature of blues. A simple and humble man by nature, always clad in a chequered lumberjack shirt, jeans and boots, long hair and playing the most beat up Strat I had ever seen. But boy, oh boy, could he play that guitar!

There's a popular urban legend that goes like this: after a reporter once asked the equally great Jimi Hendrix how it felt to be the greatest guitar player in the world he replied: "I don't know, ask Rory Gallagher".

I bought his latest posthumous 3 CD album (called simply Blues) a week ago, containing previously unreleased material (yeah, sure.....) but it really, really delivers. If you are a Rory fan, buy it!

Now picture a very young Frans at high school, pimples and greasy half long hair and all, dressed exactly like Rory.... And with a pair of glasses to boot

* Benrus MIL-W-46374 re-issue | Borealis Estoril 300 DW | Borealis Sea Storm | Crepas L'océan 1200M | Deep Blue Juggernaut II | G. Gerlach Kosmonauta | G. Gerlach Navigator | G. Gerlach RWD-6 Pilot | H2O Orca Dive | Heimdallr 6105-8110 homage | Heimdallr Sea Shepherd | Heimdallr Sharkey 62MAS | Helberg CH1 | Helberg CH6 | Helberg CH8 | Helson Turtle | HMT Pilot | Marina Militare M-7040 | No-name Seventies LED watch | Seagull 1963 Pilot Chronograph | Seiko 5 7S25A | Straton Spéciale | Vostok Amphibia 1967 Diver *

* Incoming: Pancor P03 * | * On the radar: Bulova Computron Reissue | JENNY Caribbean 300 | Squale 101 Atmos *

"If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves"

GoodWatch is offline   Reply With Quote