Watch Freeks - View Single Post - Seiko Tuna Pictures - Post them here if you have a Tuna
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
BigTime738

My Photos: View
Post imported post

lovles2274 wrote:
Quote:
Just a little FYI (totally unrelated to watches)

From TVDinner's first post:

"WATER RESISTANCE: 30ATM (300m or 1000 feet) designed for use in saturation diving using helium and oxigen gas."

To aid in diving deeper for longer duration the gas used is a mixture of Helium and Oxygen. By removing the Nitrogen (approx 79% or regular air) the risk of Rapture of the Deep (Nitrogen Narcosis) is removed. But, you still must decompress and give time for the Helium to come out of your tissue/blood stream prior to surfacing. As we know from all the Helium release valves on our little works of art, Helium actually makes smaller bubbles and difuses throughout your body tissue. Nasty nasty nasty time if you get a case of the bends with Helium.

P.S. - For any of you that are cost concerned such as myself. HeliOx is very expensive. Not jsut your normal balloon filling Helium.

Thanks for listening/reading. Now, back to your normal station.
I would like to add... For a very interesting read and education on the perils of diving I would like to reccomend this book about the discovery of an undocumented sunkenU-Boat off the coast of New Jersey.Even if you don't dive you will be a better wannabe diver after reading this excellent book!

Attached Images

It's my life, it's now or never 'cuz I ain't gonna live forever...I just want to live while I'm alive... (Bon Jovi)
BigTime738 is offline   Reply With Quote