Watch Freeks banner

Report - an estimated 10 MILLION Apple iWatches will be sold

3K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  johnny_k 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#4 ·
The 42mm stainless steel version with sport band (silicone) is $599, with stainless steel bracelet $999. Making the bracelet alone a whopping $400! Sorry, a 'link' bracelet.

#6 ·
If you do, please let us know what you think about the watch. Build quality, fit and finish, functions, well, you know the drill :D

#15 ·
When Pebble first came out many people scoffed at them and said smartwatches would never make it. With the new offerings coming out and the companies behind them I would say they have more than made it. There may be more smartwatches on peoples wrists soon as the younger generation is more likely to embrace this newer technology as an extension of their smartphones. I think smartwatches will prove to be a great success and they will continue to evolve. I now own two and if I used iPhone I might have a third soon. But the new Huawei (WORST NAME EVER) might have to be my third as I am an Android man.

#18 ·
I am really excited for this product and I am not even remotely part of the target audience.

I do not own an I phone and at this point have no plans to. My wife however does and ironically as much as I have tried to get her interested in Watches has shown very little interest even after I have purchased her several nice time pieces.

She is now geared up to wear a watch. Granted its the I watch, but at least there is interest. I for one will be happy to see more watches on wrists. If even 1 out of 10 develops an interest and starts expanding their horizons I think it will be good for all of us.

#19 ·
Someone on MacRumors shared an image of their new Apple watch :rolleyes:.

Sorry

#21 ·
This is a watch I would never buy.

I was not a fan of the Samsung watch that came out. Sure the technology is cool, but the really, a nice analog classy watch is nice. 5 years from now that iWatch is gonna break or something not work. My phones do not last more than 4 years before you need a new one.

#22 ·
The Apple Watch is a wearable communications device that is shaped like a wristwatch and that also happens to be able to tell the time. It also is almost like a consumable that will become obsolete with every new iteration. And if you dive in a pool or in the ocean with it you can probably bin it.

My anachronistic mechanical watches will never become obsolete, they just wear out in 30 to 40 years. IF, and I say this with a big IF, I ever buy one I have to stop wearing my Helsons, H2Os, Helbergs and all the other watches because wearing an Apple watch and a regular watch together will make me look like a dork. I think I'll pass.

Reactions: RickF and #four
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.