Watch Freeks banner

Watch Freeks Secret Angel Giveaway #9 - What makes YOU happy?

8K views 66 replies 59 participants last post by  TVDinner 
#1 ·
imported post

Our Secret Angel is being generous again and has a new contest for the Freeks!

Welcome to the Watch Freeks Secret Angel Giveaway #9

** Contest #9 ends at 11:59pm EST on Sunday, October 24, 2010

-----------------
Secret Angel Giveaway #9 question for everyone to answer below:
What makes YOU happy?
That simple. There are no wrong answers. It could be a person, or a thing, or something happening around you or in the world. It could be something that has happened in the past. But you must answer the simple question below - What makes you happy?

-------------

Secret Angel Giveaway Rules:
  • *** At the end of each contest our Secret Angel will read all the entries and pick the winner. The prize watch will be shipped directly to you!
  • *** We will not announce the winner here. The winner will find out they have won once the watch arrives!
  • Once the winner receives their gift they will post about it here in this section for all to see (see below).
  • IMPORTANT - After entering below YOU MUST SEND A PM TO Watch Freeks Angel with you full mailing address so the prize watch can be mailed to you if you win. This information will be kept 100% confidential and only used for shipping the watches to the winner of the contest.
** Once the winner receives their prizes the Secret Angel requests 2 simple things from you.
  1. You please post a new thread on this forum with pictures and info about the new watch you have received
  2. ** Please note that you are not required to do anything, but we strongly hope you will participate and pay forward the positive energy being created by the Secret Angel Program.
----------------

Winner will receive the following watch:
A nice Sturling Automatic Skeleton watch - black and orange (perfect for the season) with a black leather strap. Pictures:

See less See more
#27 ·
imported post

what makes me happy is knowing that my girlfriend of almost 6 years now is about to finish her masters next spring and I can't wait to ask her to marry me finally (she has a rule about finishing school first)!!!!

No need to include me, I have already been visited by the secret angel. Just wanted to share. :b

#28 ·
imported post

I'll answer the question as i like this question -but please exclude me from the drawing - i differ to all the other well deserving freeks

This Makes me happy - the never ending love of my children who teach me everyday how to be a better person

(also my daughter but i dont have a recent pic of her -sorry)

#29 ·
imported post

New friends, new challenges, being clean and sober makes me happy.....
I'VE LEARN ONCE YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS STARTS TO ELEVATE, OLD FRIENDS MAY DRIFT AWAY....YOUR FRIENDS HAVEN'T CHANGED, BUT YOU HAVE. YOU NOW DRAW TO NEW FRIENDS WITH WHOM YOU CAN FORM A DEEPER, MORE MEANINGFUL CONNECTION!!!! You can only keep what you have by giving it away so when others get clean and sober it's great.

#31 ·
imported post

What makes me happy is spending time with my friends and family. Watching my kids play and learn from one another.. Seeing the excitement in their eyes when I take em fishing. And last but not least sharing my culture with my Freeky friends!!!!

#33 ·
imported post

wakeing up everyday , i was on lifesupport for 2 months last year i have emphysemia and they told my family, i wasnt go to make it , but idid i struggle , evreyday with breathing but i know there is someone that has it worse so im blessed plus have 6 kids and 12 grand kids and a great wife , that didn't give up on me , and my bright part of my day changing my watches 2 or 3 times a day , even though i have a small collection of 9

#34 ·
imported post

Watching my son and daughter walk up the driveway on my birthday. After I told them not to travel the 2hrs it takes them to get to us. They are the greatest joy in my life. Makes me believe I did at least 2 things right in life. Jeff

#35 ·
imported post

What makes me happy ?

Is to wake up each morning, and realised that i got MARRIED !
The chords, the commitment, financial stress, just the name a few.
But in the whole lot of trouble, there is gold at the end. Maturity !

With maturity, we learn about responsilbilties ; and thats where we progress in life.

So i am happy that i had lived and progressed in life !

#38 ·
imported post

Hey G....sorry to tell ya, that ain't your child. He's too good looking and has some serious intelligence behind those eyes.
:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
I'll answer the question as i like this question -but please exclude me from the drawing - i differ to all the other well deserving freeks

This Makes me happy - the never ending love of my children who teach me everyday how to be a better person

(also my daughter but i dont have a recent pic of her -sorry)

#39 ·
imported post

sportscenterisnext wrote:
What makes me happy? When my feet hit the floor in the morning.
+1

Just being alive makes me happy. Communication with my daughter makes me the most happy at any given time!

There are many other things that I can write that make me happy . . . however, (IMHO) happiness is relative to where one is at in life. There are days when being alive doesn't lead to happiness for that particular day, but maybe takes something outside of myself to derive happiness. On these days, something about watches usually works.

#40 ·
imported post

Seeing my wifes smiling face, knowing that she is healthy. Seeing my kids smile, hearing their voices on the phone. Being greeted at the door by my dog like I had been gone for days when I just went to the store. Driving through the mountains on a sunny day. Freshly fallen snow on a crisp morning. The simple things seem to make me the happiest

#41 ·
imported post

Honestly, other the normal answers to this question (Wife and kids), the onething that brings me the greatest happiness in this life is.......................................... I really don't know. There are so many bumps in the road as I live each day that I trully strive to find the simplest of things to make me happy. I get happy if I turn my radio on while driving to work and one of my favorite songs comes on. I'm always happy when I come into work and find that I'm not buried alive with cases to investigate. I'm happy when I can just spend time alone to ponder life. I'm happy to always make new friends here on Watch Freeks or in my regular daily encounters with the public.

For me this is a hard question to answer as I find so many little things that push me along each day and bring immediate gratification (Happiness). I always enjoy picking up a new watch, but who doesn't on this forum LOL!!

I think Helen Keller put it best;

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
Helen Keller

#45 ·
imported post

I'm blessed and reading this question makes me reflect on that fact even more and the fact am so thankful for all God has given me, my beautiful and healthy family to start with! Each day with my wife and kids is a blessing, you know Joy one has to experience to understand. Joy despite circumstances.
A specific thing that makes me happy daily is when 5-yr old insists on me waiting for her to accompany me to my car each morning when I leave for work. She gives me a hug & kiss, then waves me good bye til I drive around the bend up the street! :) It's often the highlight of my day! She and I have a special connection. Another blessing for God when we thought we were done having kids ;)

#48 ·
imported post

Waking up each morning always goes a long way toward making me happy. I came real close to kicking the bucket twice about 8 years ago. Let's just say that some surgery went horribly wrong and complications arose.

It makes me happy when my wife comes home and kisses me and says she missed me that day.

It makes me happy when my kids, who are both teenagers, come up and give me a hug and kiss and say "I love you Daddy."......even in front of their friends.

It makes me happy when my Mom calls and asks me to come up to her house to do something for her and when I'm done she hugs me and says "I don't know what I would do without you." My father died 20 years ago when I was 18, so after that it was just me and Mom.

It makes me happy when my dog waits until I sit down in my favorite chair, then jumps up into my lap to get his belly rub, then falls asleep.

#49 ·
imported post

1.my wife is an angel and im happy she puts up with me
2.my 2 boys can drive me nuts sometimes, but when they come up to me and a give me a hug and kiss and tell me they love me
3.anytime my mom makes sunday dinner. always made with love

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.