Built a new gaming PC - Watch Freeks


Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2020, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FunkDaLicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Photos: View
Posts: 1,625
Default Built a new gaming PC

I was saving for a watch purchase, and then decided to build a new gaming PC. My first Pc build. I’ve replaced components before but never a full build.








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Howard Beale likes this.

Last edited by FunkDaLicious; Today at 01:08 PM.
FunkDaLicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Accutronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
My Photos: View
Posts: 381
Default

Looks great, What's under the hood?
Accutronitis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2020, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FunkDaLicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Photos: View
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accutronitis View Post
Looks great, What's under the hood?


Ryzen 5 3600, AMD RX 570, MSI PRO B450 Micros ATX mother board, 16bg DDR4 3600 G.Skillz Ripjaws RAM, 1tb m.2 NVMe solid state drive, Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 550watt power supply, and some generic aRGB case fans. Running Windows 10 Pro ( I get free keys from work ). Iíll put Debian Linux on it for anything other than gaming soon. I prefer Linux, and gaming is just easier in Windows.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
straps68 likes this.
FunkDaLicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-13-2020, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Accutronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
My Photos: View
Posts: 381
Default

Oh, I really like Seasonic's PSU's, I believe they are one of the best out there!

AMD is really giving Intel a run for their money these days by having faster CPU's that have more cores on a smaller process and for less money! Intel really has a big problem on their hands and I don't see it going away anytime soon...

Isn't Windows 10 more or less free these days?
FunkDaLicious likes this.
Accutronitis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hoth, New Jersey, USA
My Photos: View
Posts: 8,634
Default

Whoa Jeff, that is just crazy cool right there !

Can't imagine how difficult this is to do, and then to do it
to this degree?!

Just before we saw DubyaDubya building his very own
beautiful watch box, and now you create this out of this
world marvel ! ..It's so much fun to see, I can't even
put it into words ! ..Thank you !!!

Looks like it could be on the bridge of the Enterprise sir !
FunkDaLicious likes this.
AtomicTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Chazman1946's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Arizona
My Photos: View
Posts: 4,459
Default

Used build my own rigs, but no longer have the time nor patience, last three rigs have been from ibuypowerPC.com You can custom design all the components in the rig you want, they put it together for a couple of hundred bucks more then you would spend doing it yourself. So far three rigs haven't had one hitch, other then becoming obsolete and slow like any computer will eventually be.

Here are the specs on mine.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/24/2019, 21:00:21
Machine name: DESKTOP-P7DJ71B
Machine Id: {10C3ABF4-2585-491F-A041-CFCCC152CF59}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc.180808-1748)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: P3.00
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16318MB RAM
Page File: 4837MB used, 17624MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.16299.0015 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce RTX 2070

This baby smokes for gaming, I can play "The Forest" or "Squad" cranked up as high as it can go without one hiccup!
FunkDaLicious likes this.
__________________
Own or have Owned the following: 1996 Sub, 3. Sinns 1. Omega vintage dress watch 3 Citizen Signature automatics, 4 Eco Drives, 2 Tag Heuers, 2 Accutrons, 2 Orients, 5 Seikos, 2 Invictas, 1 Pulsar 2 Tissots 1 Skagen and 1 Victorinox Swiss Army, Longines Legend Diver, Steinhart Smurf. and an Eterna Kon Tiki date. Oris 65 Oris Arctix, Borealis Estoril, Wenger Arctic Light, Breitling Colt Chrono, Certina DS Action Chronometer, Monta Triumph.
Chazman1946 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FunkDaLicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Photos: View
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accutronitis View Post
Oh, I really like Seasonic's PSU's, I believe they are one of the best out there!

AMD is really giving Intel a run for their money these days by having faster CPU's that have more cores on a smaller process and for less money! Intel really has a big problem on their hands and I don't see it going away anytime soon...

Isn't Windows 10 more or less free these days? Why Windows is FREE Now - YouTube


Iíve been a fan of AMD for a long time. I like that they allow overclocking, which I wonít do until I upgrade my GPU down the road. Their Threadripper is eating Intel alive! Itís good to see the competition.

I have some windows keys available to me, so I put on Pro for added control. The perks of being in IT.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FunkDaLicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FunkDaLicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Photos: View
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazman1946 View Post
Used build my own rigs, but no longer have the time nor patience, last three rigs have been from ibuypowerPC.com You can custom design all the components in the rig you want, they put it together for a couple of hundred bucks more then you would spend doing it yourself. So far three rigs haven't had one hitch, other then becoming obsolete and slow like any computer will eventually be.

Here are the specs on mine.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/24/2019, 21:00:21
Machine name: DESKTOP-P7DJ71B
Machine Id: {10C3ABF4-2585-491F-A041-CFCCC152CF59}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc.180808-1748)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: P3.00
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
...

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce RTX 2070

This baby smokes for gaming, I can play "The Forest" or "Squad" cranked up as high as it can go without one hiccup!

Nice specs!

Some AAA titles Iíll have to turn down the specs, but thatís ok. I should be future proof for several years on the processor front and can upgrade the GPU down the road.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FunkDaLicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 06:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Accutronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
My Photos: View
Posts: 381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDaLicious View Post
Iíve been a fan of AMD for a long time. I like that they allow overclocking, which I wonít do until I upgrade my GPU down the road. Their Threadripper is eating Intel alive! Itís good to see the competition.

I have some windows keys available to me, so I put on Pro for added control. The perks of being in IT.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm running pro too, and it didn't cost me a dime, I downloaded it from Microsoft and when I installed it it was already activated and I didn't put in a key or anything?
FunkDaLicious likes this.
Accutronitis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FunkDaLicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Photos: View
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accutronitis View Post
I'm running pro too, and it didn't cost me a dime, I downloaded it from Microsoft and when I installed it it was already activated and I didn't put in a key or anything?
Your key must have been for pro? Was your previous version Pro? Maybe you just got lucky!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FunkDaLicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 06:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FunkDaLicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Photos: View
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicTom View Post
Whoa Jeff, that is just crazy cool right there !



Can't imagine how difficult this is to do, and then to do it

to this degree?!



Just before we saw DubyaDubya building his very own

beautiful watch box, and now you create this out of this

world marvel ! ..It's so much fun to see, I can't even

put it into words ! ..Thank you !!!



Looks like it could be on the bridge of the Enterprise sir !


Honestly, Tom, it is far easier than you think. More intimidating than hard. Still easier to go the Chaz route and just buy a custom one!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FunkDaLicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Accutronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
My Photos: View
Posts: 381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDaLicious View Post
I’ve been a fan of AMD for a long time. I like that they allow overclocking, which I won’t do until I upgrade my GPU down the road. Their Threadripper is eating Intel alive! It’s good to see the competition.

I have some windows keys available to me, so I put on Pro for added control. The perks of being in IT.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm running pro too, and it didn't cost me a dime, I downloaded it from Microsoft and when I installed it it was already activated and I didn't put in a key or anything?


The first thing I always do now with Windows 10 is run the "Windows 10 Debloater" which strips out all a garbage and deactivates stuff like tracking and other unwanted stuff, Plus I always disable a lot of unneeded services...
Accutronitis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FunkDaLicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Photos: View
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accutronitis View Post
I'm running pro too, and it didn't cost me a dime, I downloaded it from Microsoft and when I installed it it was already activated and I didn't put in a key or anything?





The first thing I always do now with Windows 10 is run the "Windows 10 Debloater" which strips out all a garbage and deactivates stuff like tracking and other unwanted stuff...


I do the same. Including deactivating Cortana. My setup doesnít have a mic without a gaming headset anyway. I will also switch to Linux for anything other than gaming later anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Accutronitis likes this.
FunkDaLicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 06:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Accutronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
My Photos: View
Posts: 381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicTom View Post
Whoa Jeff, that is just crazy cool right there !

Can't imagine how difficult this is to do, and then to do it
to this degree?!

Just before we saw DubyaDubya building his very own
beautiful watch box, and now you create this out of this
world marvel ! ..It's so much fun to see, I can't even
put it into words ! ..Thank you !!!

Looks like it could be on the bridge of the Enterprise sir !
I always build my own computer and then overclock it, Like the computer I using right now has a 3.7Ghz CPU and it's overclocked to 4.95Ghz and I have my DDR4 memory overclocked to 4,288‬Mhz up from 4,133Mhz...
FunkDaLicious likes this.
Accutronitis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2020, 01:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hoth, New Jersey, USA
My Photos: View
Posts: 8,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDaLicious View Post
Honestly, Tom, it is far easier than you think. More intimidating than hard. Still easier to go the Chaz route and just buy a custom one!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accutronitis View Post
I always build my own computer and then overclock it, Like the computer I using right now has a 3.7Ghz CPU and it's overclocked to 4.95Ghz and I have my DDR4 memory overclocked to 4,288‬Mhz up from 4,133Mhz...

Well it's pretty phenomenal no matter how you guys slice it, and think
it is awesome really !! It's like you have this super
limited edition computer from the future with super powers !

It's ridiculously cool, along with fun to see. Thanks so so much
for sharing !!!
AtomicTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Accutronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
My Photos: View
Posts: 381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDaLicious View Post
Your key must have been for pro? Was your previous version Pro? Maybe you just got lucky!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't have a previous version, I did a clean install?
FunkDaLicious likes this.
Accutronitis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
straps68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Krakow, Poland
My Photos: View
Posts: 237
Default

Nice looking rig. Have fun with it!
FunkDaLicious likes this.
straps68 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Accutronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
My Photos: View
Posts: 381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straps68 View Post
Nice looking rig. Have fun with it!
It is a looker, and great cable management to boot!

lol sorry about the pun, it wasn't planned...
FunkDaLicious likes this.
Accutronitis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FunkDaLicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Photos: View
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accutronitis View Post
I didn't have a previous version, I did a clean install?


Weird. Microsoft was feeling generous that day! Ha!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FunkDaLicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Accutronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
My Photos: View
Posts: 381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDaLicious View Post
Weird. Microsoft was feeling generous that day! Ha!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that video was right, Windows is more or less free for now BUT that can always change at the drop of a hat, I'll tell you this I'm sure not going to ask them about it! lol

Are or overclocking any with that clean rig? How are your temps?

I just got a Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 AIO and I can run 5.0Ghz all day long 24/7 but I've rolled it back a touch and my temps don't even hit 50c!



I could prob roll the CPU voltage back some as well and the temps would be even lower...

Have you done any testing of your new setup? It would be interesting to see what an AMD rig scores in PassMark PerformanceTest 9?
FunkDaLicious likes this.
Accutronitis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Forum Navigation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Watch Freeks forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.