Anybody ever heard of Watch Gang ??? - Watch Freeks


Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Chronomaster
  • 1 Post By ramirez1970
  • 1 Post By Myke
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
forzaferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeast, Ohio
My Photos: View
Posts: 960
Default Anybody ever heard of Watch Gang ???

I guess its like wine of the month club or Dollar shave club. Only this is a $29 a month watch club. They give away one Rolex a month to a lucky member. And they do vintage pieces too.
Check it out...

http://try.watchgang.com/?utm_source...e6e50af4a9.jpg
forzaferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Canada
My Photos: View
Posts: 384
Default

Topic rolled through about a couple of months ago:

Watch a month subscription
__________________
My wife always laughs during sex, no matter what she's reading.
Priapism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Reflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cape Town
My Photos: View
Posts: 808
Default

Saw that - likely So & Co stuff
__________________
Cape Town - The fairest Cape in all the world
Reflex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
enricosonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle, WA
My Photos: View
Posts: 143
Default

It spawned silly unboxing videos.
enricosonic is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
forzaferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeast, Ohio
My Photos: View
Posts: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priapism View Post
Topic rolled through about a couple of months ago:

Watch a month subscription
And so it did. Must have missed that one. My bad.
Anyway I do own a SO&CO watch. I paid $56 for it at the time. Its a fair homage of a Rolex President on leather. Nicely constructed. Wouldn't want one every month. But I do think the concept is neat. Especially for beginning collectors. Be cool to know you got a new one coming every month.

forzaferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
enricosonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle, WA
My Photos: View
Posts: 143
Default

I was slightly tempted, it's not much of a commitment and a couple of folks posted interesting vintage watches. I remember a somewhat cool '70s Orient.

But new SO&CO stuff was overwhelmingly predominant.
enricosonic is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
NCK
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
My Photos: View
Posts: 12
Default

New here, never heard of anything like that before. I would personally rather buy 1 watch I like every year or twice a year than have a $29 dollar POS every month that may not be to my liking.

What I do, I get to buy one nice watch a year. Then I can sell and replace some of the other stuff not really spending any more money out of pocket. Just kinda replacing as I get board of pieces.
NCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Chronomaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Montana
My Photos: View
Posts: 121
Default

I almost prefer the Watch-Gang Black level. Its $91.00 per month and they offer major brand name watches that are valued from $150.00- $500.00. Everyone I have seen who switched from the lower level program received an AirBlue model accompanied by a card stating AirBlue was February's brand partner for the month. I also saw a YouTube video of a fellow who received a blue1969 Rolex date just on a leather strap in his first month's box in the lower level program. There is also some sort of exchange program available between Watch-Gang members on their Facebook page who receive watches that are not to their liking for model, color or size reasons. Members each post a picture of what they received and an exchange can be made between members for something more to their liking. ☆enricosonic, I too saw the vintage Orient King Diver with a multi-color bezel.
cuad and forzaferrari like this.
__________________
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail !
Chronomaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 12:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
forzaferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeast, Ohio
My Photos: View
Posts: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronomaster View Post
I almost prefer the Watch-Gang Black level. Its $91.00 per month and they offer major brand name watches that are valued from $150.00- $500.00. Everyone I have seen who switched from the lower level program received an AirBlue model accompanied by a card stating AirBlue was February's brand partner for the month. I also saw a YouTube video of a fellow who received a blue1969 Rolex date just on a leather strap in his first month's box in the lower level program. There is also some sort of exchange program available between Watch-Gang members on their Facebook page who receive watches that are not to their liking for model, color or size reasons. Members each post a picture of what they received and an exchange can be made between members for something more to their liking. ☆enricosonic, I too saw the vintage Orient King Diver with a multi-color bezel.
You can also be put on the vintage list to get watches like that cool green dial Omega automatic. Can't believe the whiners talking like getting a used Rolex is a bad thing. Getting any Rolex that works for 29.95 plus shipping is alright with me.
forzaferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
My Photos: View
Posts: 1
Default

Rolex for free?! Wow, that's really interesting. Have anyone earned a free rolex yet?
Saad4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
forzaferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeast, Ohio
My Photos: View
Posts: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad4u View Post
Rolex for free?! Wow, that's really interesting. Have anyone earned a free rolex yet?
Not here. But they give one away to some lucky member every month.
forzaferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Administrator
 
andrema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
My Photos: View
Posts: 11,291
Default

Here is the website: http://www.watchgang.com/


HERE'S HOW IT WORKS

Watch Gang partners with watch makers all over the world to bring you new brands and styles every month.

You keep every watch and one member wins a Rolex every Friday.


All our watches are guaranteed to be worth more than your membership fee!


1. Subscribe

Choose the plan that fits you best: Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annually or Annually (best deal). Cancel any time.




2. We Ship Your Box

We ship all packages on the 16th of each month. The 10th is the last day to order for the current month's watch.




3. Enjoy Your Watches

Soon you'll have a great collection of watches from all around the world!
__________________
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Go check out the Dive Watches FBG -->> https://www.facebook.com/groups/1131038630296057/
andrema is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
forzaferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeast, Ohio
My Photos: View
Posts: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrema View Post
Here is the website: http://www.watchgang.com/


HERE'S HOW IT WORKS

Watch Gang partners with watch makers all over the world to bring you new brands and styles every month.

You keep every watch and one member wins a Rolex every Friday.


All our watches are guaranteed to be worth more than your membership fee!


1. Subscribe

Choose the plan that fits you best: Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annually or Annually (best deal). Cancel any time.




2. We Ship Your Box

We ship all packages on the 16th of each month. The 10th is the last day to order for the current month's watch.




3. Enjoy Your Watches

Soon you'll have a great collection of watches from all around the world!
After re-reading the article I stand corrected. Once a week is even better...
forzaferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ramirez1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Naptown
My Photos: View
Posts: 46
Default

Intriguing. Mixes watches with a gambling element. The "boss" would go nuts, though, if I subscribed to this as I doubt it would slow down my watch purchasing in the slightest.
forzaferrari likes this.
ramirez1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA
My Photos: View
Posts: 2,279
Default

Watch Gang?
Is this the group that "jacked" BaselWorld last year?
They did what the Blokes call a "Smash n Grab" and
stole a zillion dollars worth of watches.
Jus asking!!

Loose Nutt
arogle1stus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Myke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: toronto, Ontario, Canada
My Photos: View
Posts: 3,160
Default

thats a crazy thing. My addiction is bad enough already
forzaferrari likes this.
Myke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Forum Navigation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Watch Freeks forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Gang Cali kid here.. Cali kid Introduce Yourself 21 04-13-2014 12:47 AM
Anyone Heard of These Micro Watch Brands? Balad1 Other Brands: 6 03-03-2013 02:58 PM
Hello from the Outakuntrol Gang Outakuntrol Introduce Yourself 7 11-10-2012 02:34 PM
Hi Gang Mr Rick Introduce Yourself 13 07-20-2011 10:13 PM
Who heard of a Watch Show in PA? WatchSnobJack General Watch Discussions: 13 03-19-2010 11:17 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.