|04-24-2016, 08:57 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2016
My Photos: View
Ragemen VS Protrek 3500, 2500, 1500, and Sea Path Finder 1000
First off, this is my first post in the forum, I have done my best to post according to the rules, and I believe I am asking this in the first place, however if this thread should be posted somewhere else, please let me know.
I am currently looking for an ABC watch for an up coming extended sailing trip,
and I have spent quite some time researching, and have decided on the casios, for the solar capability. So my questions are regarding the above models. I was close to buying the new Rangeman 9400, but i came across an old review on the sea pathfinder (SPW1000-2V),no longer sold, with its rotating bezel, depth meter,and tidal meter, none of which the new Rangeman and/or Protraks have, so i have the following questions:
1. Sea Pathfinder, SPW1000, has been out for quite a few years, and no longer sold. Has there been a new version of it? I can seem to find it anywhere. Is it me, or does the new protraks seems to have less and lesser functions? The new ones no longer has a depth meter, nor tide information ,or moon phases, nor diving record keeping?
2. How accurate are the storm alarms on the new pathfinders and Rangeman? Can they accurately predict storms?
3. Can the barometer used to tell dive depth? it wont be my primary dive meter, but i do like to have it as a reference for scuba.
4. does the new atomic time keeping automatically adjusts the local time as you cross time zones? The old Sea Pathfinder did, however this function doesnt seem to be mentioned at all in the Rangeman or the Protrek 3500
5. any other rugged ABC watch by casio with, solar, atomic time, depth meter and tidal, and a storm alarm?
I dont need a G shock, protreks are rugged enough.
thank you all for reading, any advice and tips would be appreciated.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[SOLD] FSO : SAS - SEA-01 1000 Meters LE - 245 MINTY !!!||Mojo8||Finished Sale or Trade Threads||2||05-08-2014 09:40 PM|
|The Finder||Spaceview||TV||0||01-20-2012 11:04 PM|
|FS: Deep Blue Sea Diver 1000||MikeyShingles||Finished Sale or Trade Threads||1||01-07-2011 12:46 AM|
|Deep Blue Men's Sea Diver 1000 M||Watchlizard||Just Ordered / Arrived Today!||15||07-26-2010 12:05 PM|
|Will the Swatch Group stay on the same path?||Watchride||General Watch Discussions:||9||07-19-2010 11:18 AM|